*peeks in* Helllo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2017, 01:43 PM
RE: *peeks in* Helllo
(04-02-2017 11:03 PM)Thatconservativeatheist Wrote:  
(03-02-2017 10:45 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Welcome to the forum. It's been my experience that the number of things to talk about that aren't Trump is near infinite.

How are you on pancakes and carnivorous plants?

I prefer waffles but pancakes are fine. Carnivorous plants are interesting, I'd rther stay away from them though.

Carnivorous plants are harmless to humans. Couldn't cause you damage if they tried. Their prey is typically house-fly sized and smaller. At worst they will tickle slightly.

Waffles are permitted by the Church of the One True Pancake. We're a tolerant bunch. The Commandments are easy to remember: Thou shall partake of the sacrament of the body of the One True Pancake only with the True Blood of the Tree. Thou shalt not partake of the Aunti Jemima.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2017, 01:49 PM
(05-02-2017 01:43 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Carnivorous plants are harmless to humans. Couldn't cause you damage if they tried. Their prey is typically house-fly sized and smaller. At worst they will tickle slightly.

That's what Seymour said

[Image: the-little-shop-of-horrors-giant.jpg]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
05-02-2017, 02:15 PM
(05-02-2017 01:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-02-2017 11:03 PM)Thatconservativeatheist Wrote:  Carnivorous plants are interesting, I'd rther stay away from them though.

Ever had your toes sucked by a venus fly trap?

Nope and I have no plans to.
05-02-2017, 02:29 PM
(05-02-2017 01:37 PM)excitedpenguin Wrote:  Hi. I love introductions threads like this one, I get to know the community better just by seeing them respond to newcomers.

I hope you enjoy it here. I feel like anyone can do their own thing on the Internet. If you stick with this community, I'm sure you'll fit right in and they'll love you here, no matter your disagreements with certain parts of the membership over some issues. It's all about simpler things. You know? Being nice is a good start.

I'll take one author's advice on how to be successful in a certain domain, and transform it for these purposes. I think there are three good qualities to have. Entertaining, smart and nice. If you get two out of three, right, you're good to go. My personal favorite dual combination is entertaining and smart - kind of hard to maintain though.

Thanks and hello. I can be nice but no promises on the other two.
05-02-2017, 02:32 PM
(05-02-2017 02:15 PM)Thatconservativeatheist Wrote:  
(05-02-2017 01:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ever had your toes sucked by a venus fly trap?

Nope and I have no plans to.

meh, your loss.

#sigh
05-02-2017, 03:17 PM
(05-02-2017 02:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-02-2017 02:15 PM)Thatconservativeatheist Wrote:  Nope and I have no plans to.

meh, your loss.

More for you thenSmile
[+] 1 user Likes Thatconservativeatheist's post
05-02-2017, 04:02 PM
A belated Howdy! Welcome to the forum.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
05-02-2017, 06:16 PM
(03-02-2017 09:46 PM)Thatconservativeatheist Wrote:  Well I'm not hiding anything with that username am I?

I'm a late twenties female.

I've never been religious.My parents being the lapsed liberal catholic and lapsed southern baptist they are never really did anything with religion.Religion isn't really talked about even among my religious family so I have no clue what most of their beliefs are.Most of them don't talk about politics either so there's that.So I'm mostly subjected to a mealtime prayer a few times a year and that's that.

As my name says I am conservative.I spent most of my life ultra liberal and feminist so it's been a journey to say the least. I'm a nationalist, not a feminist anymore, voted for Trump and have been basically been disowned by my liberal (atheist) family members and friends because of it.

I'll be happy to answer any other questions.

Welcome to TTA.

And note that conservatism and feminism are not antithetical. One can be both. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-02-2017, 06:22 PM
(05-02-2017 06:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-02-2017 09:46 PM)Thatconservativeatheist Wrote:  Well I'm not hiding anything with that username am I?

I'm a late twenties female.

I've never been religious.My parents being the lapsed liberal catholic and lapsed southern baptist they are never really did anything with religion.Religion isn't really talked about even among my religious family so I have no clue what most of their beliefs are.Most of them don't talk about politics either so there's that.So I'm mostly subjected to a mealtime prayer a few times a year and that's that.

As my name says I am conservative.I spent most of my life ultra liberal and feminist so it's been a journey to say the least. I'm a nationalist, not a feminist anymore, voted for Trump and have been basically been disowned by my liberal (atheist) family members and friends because of it.

I'll be happy to answer any other questions.

Welcome to TTA.

And note that conservatism and feminism are not antithetical. One can be both. Drinking Beverage

Oh I know there are several conservative feminists that I enjoy. I just have issues with the idea of feminism in general.Thanks for the welcome.
05-02-2017, 08:47 PM
Jesus Christ man, learn to fucking multi-quote.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post