pentecostal preacher earns darwin's award

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2014, 07:57 PM
RE: pentecostal preacher earns darwin's award
(16-02-2014 07:53 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  .......
[Image: article-0-136BD692000005DC-985_634x423.jpg]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA [Image: smiley-laughing024.gif]

In other words - If you are going to be a dumb ass, we will stand around and watch you be a dumb ass.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2014, 08:00 PM
(16-02-2014 07:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(16-02-2014 07:53 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  .......
[Image: article-0-136BD692000005DC-985_634x423.jpg]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA [Image: smiley-laughing024.gif]

In other words - If you are going to be a dumb ass, we will stand around and watch you be a dumb ass.

But we're glad you came here to be a dumb ass with OUR dumb ass's Angel gawd bless you

16-02-2014, 09:09 PM
Quote:According to reports he refused medical attention after being bitten in his Full Gospel Tabernacle in Jesus Name in Middlesboro, Kentucky and died shortly thereafter in his home.

Apparently that is jesus' way of saying "Fuck You."

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
16-02-2014, 09:46 PM
I think it was an IQ test, he failed.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
17-02-2014, 08:36 AM
(16-02-2014 05:05 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  http://tv.yahoo.com/news/natgeo-snake-sa...10245.html

Jamie Coots, one of the stars of National Geographic‘s reality show Snake Salvation, died Saturday of a poisonous snake bite. According to reports he refused medical attention after being bitten in his Full Gospel Tabernacle in Jesus Name in Middlesboro, Kentucky and died shortly thereafter in his home. The show debuted last Fall centered on two Pentecostal preachers who handle deadly snakes as part of a century-old Appalachian practice originating from a Bible passage that suggests those anointed by God will not be harmed by a poisonous snake bite. Coots had previously been bitten nine times and lost a finger to a rattlesnake bite. He starred on Snake Salvation alongside Tennessee Pastor Andrew Hamblin, both of whom claim serpent handling is their First Amendment religious right. The pair have come under fire from authorities for hunting and collecting deadly snakes for their church services. Last year Coots pled guilty to illegally possessing and transporting three rattlesnakes and two copperheads in Tennessee after the state seized them in a traffic stop as he was driving them from Alabama to Kentucky.

Weeping
The really sad part is that the passage on which they base their belief is known to be a later interpolation and is not in the oldest surviving copies of Mark.

Humans arrived on Earth on 22 October 4004 B.C. A few of us are still trying to repair the ship.
[+] 1 user Likes f stop's post
17-02-2014, 08:38 AM
God can't save stupid people
'Snake Salvation' reality TV star dies from snake bite http://nyp.st/1guXj1Q

Oh I just LOVE a happy ending!!

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
17-02-2014, 08:56 AM
RE: God can't save stupid people
Those guys are a special kind of crazy! Unsure

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
17-02-2014, 08:57 AM
RE: God can't save stupid people
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...in-s-award

Atir aissom atir imon
17-02-2014, 08:59 AM
My mom showed me this last night, she was crying she was laughing so hard.
Personally, all have to say is this:
Who still doesn't believe in Darwinism? Laugh out load

Atir aissom atir imon
17-02-2014, 09:01 AM
Taking up serpents...
Mark 16:17-18 - In My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues; they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover...

I have to say that just yesterday I was thinking about the stupidest things I'd done in the name of religion/faith and one of the lighter things I'd done was to, every once in a while, get rid of all my "ungodly" music - my classic rock stuff, anything that had curse words or messages about extra-marital sex Ohmy, but I have to say I ain't never took up no snakes. Tongue

I do feel sorry for this poor man's family, though. Thought I'd share...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/h...story.html