pentecostal preacher earns darwin's award

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2014, 06:53 PM
RE: pentecostal preacher earns darwin's award
Well, the guy's not a massive hypocrite like most danger-avoiding, hospital-using religious people. At least he had that going for him. As far as this one verse goes, anyway.

It's sad that it's extremely likely no one will look at this and realize the verse (and book) is bull crap.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2014, 07:01 PM
On a local forum, someone mentioned the Westboro Baptist might protest at the funeral, then others started mentioning the snakes would probably be present and it could get very interesting.

Might be worthy of PPV or an SNL skit. Tongue

"Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing." - Helen Keller
17-02-2014, 08:10 PM
Pentecostal snake bite!
I know I shouldn't laugh when a person dies but, well......sometimes I can't help myself.
So this guy, Jamie Coots, a pentecostal snake handler/preacher, gets bit by one of his snakes and bites the dust. What I find most amusing is that Mark 16: 9- 20, "they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands" which is the basis for these preacher snake handlers, was added much later by scribes. Of course, the New Testament is a bunch of stories told and re told and then re-told and re-told some more with added embellishments until someone started writing the stories down, so it's all a bunch of hooey anyway. But jeeze. Picking up venomous snakes? People are so dumb sometimes.

Even some christian groups realize it doesn't belong in the bible.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Mark-16-9-20.html

"If things aren't funny anymore then they're exactly what they are and life is just one long dental appointment interrupted occasionally by something exciting like waiting or falling asleep" Jason Robards in A Thousand Clowns
17-02-2014, 08:12 PM
That's 5 threads so far...

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
18-02-2014, 07:44 PM
It's "Darwin Award". Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user