people who mock god will be killed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2013, 07:20 PM
I've been able to receive an email about people who mocked god and was later on, experienced a terrible or horrible death. I googled it and saw a lot of sites about it. People who mocked god. There was Marilyn Monroe who said to Billy Graham that she won't accept Jesus. The man who built the Titanic who said that even God cannot sink it. John Lenon who said that they will be more famous than Jesus, and many many others who I don't know. Christians say that they all happened so alike that it can't just be coincidence. How could something like that be just coincidence when they happened for the same reasons? That each of them couldn't have experience a terrible death if they didn't mock god.

So I want to know you opinion and criticisms about this. How would you reply when a Christian say these things to you?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2013, 07:21 PM
RE: people who mock god will be killed
(15-07-2013 07:20 PM)GuiltyAngel Wrote:  I've been able to receive an email about people who mocked god and was later on, experienced a terrible or horrible death. I googled it and saw a lot of sites about it. People who mocked god. There was Marilyn Monroe who said to Billy Graham that she won't accept Jesus. The man who built the Titanic who said that even God cannot sink it. John Lenon who said that they will be more famous than Jesus, and many many others who I don't know. Christians say that they all happened so alike that it can't just be coincidence. How could something like that be just coincidence when they happened for the same reasons? That each of them couldn't have experience a terrible death if they didn't mock god.

So I want to know you opinion and criticisms about this. How would you reply when a Christian say these things to you?

Cherry-picking of data, confirmation bias, and woo.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 24 users Like Chas's post
15-07-2013, 07:30 PM
Did the end of the email say "If you don't forward this..."?

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 17 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
15-07-2013, 07:34 PM
(15-07-2013 07:20 PM)GuiltyAngel Wrote:  I've been able to receive an email about people who mocked god and was later on, experienced a terrible or horrible death. I googled it and saw a lot of sites about it. People who mocked god. There was Marilyn Monroe who said to Billy Graham that she won't accept Jesus. The man who built the Titanic who said that even God cannot sink it. John Lenon who said that they will be more famous than Jesus, and many many others who I don't know. Christians say that they all happened so alike that it can't just be coincidence. How could something like that be just coincidence when they happened for the same reasons? That each of them couldn't have experience a terrible death if they didn't mock god.

Wait, wait, wait...So a let me get this straight. You think those people died because of some words they said?

John was shot, Marilyn ODed and the Titanic was sunk by an iceberg (Thomas Andrews Jr the ships designer went down with the ship saving others btw).

Last I checked Chapman, Marilyn and the North Atlantic where not in collusion.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like ridethespiral's post
15-07-2013, 07:57 PM
(15-07-2013 07:20 PM)GuiltyAngel Wrote:  How would you reply when a Christian say these things to you? ... That each of them couldn't have experience a terrible death if they didn't mock god.

"So are you sayin' that people who don't mock God can avoid experiencing terribly tragic untimely deaths? 'Cause that's just easily and obviously refutable bullshit."

At least that'd be my first response.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-07-2013, 08:01 PM
(15-07-2013 07:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-07-2013 07:20 PM)GuiltyAngel Wrote:  How would you reply when a Christian say these things to you? ... That each of them couldn't have experience a terrible death if they didn't mock god.

"So are you sayin' that people who don't mock God can avoid experiencing terribly tragic untimely deaths? 'Cause that's just easily and obviously refutable bullshit."

At least that'd be my first response.

This fails the null hypothesis, like all theistic bullshit.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
15-07-2013, 08:04 PM
There is no argument that anyone can make to show how 'mocking God' results in death, because to do so requires that those who praise God and live a "good Christian lifestyle" don't die young or in horrible ways. Someone can list thousands of examples of atheists dying from accidents, diseases, natural disasters, and murders, but there are millions more of Christians dying in ways just as awful.

For something quick to say,

"Willard Van Orman Quine died in a bed at the ripe old age of 92, and Saint Boniface got a sword in the face."

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
[+] 2 users Like Elesjei's post
15-07-2013, 08:05 PM
What everyone else said. You can cherry pick people who mocked god, and openingly disbelieved and still lived to ripe old ages.

You can also name people who did believe and died.

It proves nothing.

Except perhaps the world is full of all kinds of crazy.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-07-2013, 08:22 PM
If you're to dig in the right places, you could probably find people who mocked Allah and died, people who mocked Elvis and died, mocked Satan and died, mocked Zeus, mocked Tesla, mocked Einstein, etc.

It's meaningless. Christians see the correlation because they choose to. It reinforces their beliefs.

What do they say about correlation and causation? Consider

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 5 users Like Jeffasaurus's post
15-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Last I knew, EVERYBODY DIES!!!!

Some mock. Some don't. We all meet the same end.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 13 users Like Erxomai's post