people who mock god will be killed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2013, 08:30 PM
RE: people who mock god will be killed
So god is ok with killing people who make fun of him but does nothing to feed people who are starving.

Is he like 7 yrs old or something, cause a 7 yr old with deadly power would do some shit like that.
"Billy what happened ?
Billy the 7 yr old "Tommy was laughing at me and making fun of the way I talk, so I killed him"

"Now what have we said about using deadly force on children" ?
Billy the 7 yr old "Only kill the ones in poor countries with little or no health care" ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Rahn127's post
15-07-2013, 08:40 PM
(15-07-2013 08:22 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Last I knew, EVERYBODY DIES!!!!

Some mock. Some don't. We all meet the same end.

I will mot be bocked.
(I'm not even drunk).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
15-07-2013, 09:17 PM
(15-07-2013 07:34 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  
(15-07-2013 07:20 PM)GuiltyAngel Wrote:  I've been able to receive an email about people who mocked god and was later on, experienced a terrible or horrible death. I googled it and saw a lot of sites about it. People who mocked god. There was Marilyn Monroe who said to Billy Graham that she won't accept Jesus. The man who built the Titanic who said that even God cannot sink it. John Lenon who said that they will be more famous than Jesus, and many many others who I don't know. Christians say that they all happened so alike that it can't just be coincidence. How could something like that be just coincidence when they happened for the same reasons? That each of them couldn't have experience a terrible death if they didn't mock god.

So I want to know you opinion and criticisms about this. How would you reply when a Christian say these things to you?

Wait, wait, wait...So a let me get this straight. You think those people died because of some words they said?

John was shot, Marilyn ODed and the Titanic was sunk by an iceberg (Thomas Andrews Jr the ships designer went down with the ship saving others btw).

Last I checked Chapman, Marilyn and the North Atlantic where not in collusion.
This. There is absolutely no reason to connect those quotes with those people's (and ship's) deaths, or to link those deaths/events with each other. But people like to see patterns where none exist, especially if it makes them feel like people got punished for being "blasphemous" against their pet deity or whatever.

I mean, it's probably also true that Marilyn Monroe and John Lennon and the guy who built the Titanic drank beer or ate a Reuben sandwich at some point in their life, but no one links their deaths to those things.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-07-2013, 09:25 PM
How long and how often must one mock God before death occurs?

Seems like if the people you mentioned were instantly struck dead we may have something to look at.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
15-07-2013, 09:36 PM
They're completely full of shit.

In a related story, 36% percent of victims of automobile accidents ate Cheerios for breakfast.

Coorelation is not causation.

I've heard similar bullshit stories from teenage 'satanists' woh claim they could curse and punish their enemies with horrible deaths. Except they can't.

"If you scare your enemy, you will not have to fight him."
- Sun Tsu, The Art Of War.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
16-07-2013, 10:16 AM
(15-07-2013 08:30 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  So god is ok with killing people who make fun of him but does nothing to feed people who are starving.

Is he like 7 yrs old or something, cause a 7 yr old with deadly power would do some shit like that.
"Billy what happened ?
Billy the 7 yr old "Tommy was laughing at me and making fun of the way I talk, so I killed him"

"Now what have we said about using deadly force on children" ?
Billy the 7 yr old "Only kill the ones in poor countries with little or no health care" ?

Exactly! It reminds me of the old Twilight Zone episode, wishing people out in the cornfield.

One of the more disturbing episodes.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
16-07-2013, 10:18 AM
(15-07-2013 08:04 PM)Elesjei Wrote:  There is no argument that anyone can make to show how 'mocking God' results in death, because to do so requires that those who praise God and live a "good Christian lifestyle" don't die young or in horrible ways. Someone can list thousands of examples of atheists dying from accidents, diseases, natural disasters, and murders, but there are millions more of Christians dying in ways just as awful.

For something quick to say,

"Willard Van Orman Quine died in a bed at the ripe old age of 92, and Saint Boniface got a sword in the face."

I will add to that. My father mocked god all the time and lived to be 95. He died peacefully in his sleep.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
16-07-2013, 10:31 AM
God! You are a silly, pug faced poopy head and I am hereby mocking your ass!

See you tomorrow, guys!
[+] 2 users Like Ameron1963's post
16-07-2013, 10:40 AM
A god that can be mocked, isn't god. Ain't really that complicated.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
16-07-2013, 11:58 AM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2013 12:09 PM by Reltzik.)
Well, the Bible's pretty clear that when people mock God or God's representatives on Earth, it's just something to bear. 2 Kings 2:23-25

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail