periods vs "male privilege"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2016, 05:15 PM
RE: periods vs "male privilege"
(16-08-2016 05:00 PM)Leela Wrote:  I feel that I am very lucky with my mr. He has no issue buying me female products and he does not feel that his manliness is being threatened by it.

Dom btw? You are the age you could be my parent? I thought you are no more than 10 years older than me o.O

Flattery will get you everywhere. Big Grin

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
16-08-2016, 06:02 PM
I remember the first time my wife sent me to the store for some tampons. I just went and did it, though I did feel uncomfortable. That whole topic was a complete void in our house, growing up. I can read, though, so I knew the mechanics of the situation pretty well. We had to fill the Kotex dispenser where I worked at a gas station. Once, this young gal came out of the ladies' room and told me the machine was empty. I really felt badly for her. I went and got a pad and gave it to her. As soon as I saw she was gone, I sent a pump jockey in to refill the thing.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
16-08-2016, 08:57 PM
(16-08-2016 05:05 PM)Leela Wrote:  
(16-08-2016 04:56 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I think you should turn in your man card if your male sensibilities are such that you can’t stomach buying feminine hygiene products.
I think it is a matter of education and patience. I understand that many men grow up with this as a taboo topic. But if I care about my partner I will help them out. I can totally see myself saying this sentence to my bf or husband (not the current one because he has no issues) "It is just like toilet paper and we need it both in the bathroom and right now I have no time to go to the supermarket but I need it. Both the toilet paper and the tampons, so please go and buy it for me." And then I can show him my brand on the internet and tell him where is in the supermarket so he doesn't have to feel weird, idling in front of the shelves. Easy, no big deal?

Patience? are you kidding me? Tongue
As a man, I have no patience for these guys, and guys that refuse to cook or clean or any of the myriad other things that are somehow "women's work".
I guess I am a little harsh on the subject. Censored
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
16-08-2016, 09:43 PM
Buying feminine hygiene products doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'll get an enema kit and some anal lube to go with it just for fun. But I won't buy cigarettes for a friend. That makes me all self conscious.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
16-08-2016, 09:46 PM
Mom and Dad never asked me to. I hate those fucking things, what they do.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
17-08-2016, 02:20 AM
(16-08-2016 08:57 PM)skyking Wrote:  Patience? are you kidding me? Tongue
As a man, I have no patience for these guys, and guys that refuse to cook or clean or any of the myriad other things that are somehow "women's work".
I guess I am a little harsh on the subject. Censored
I would assume that you just grew up in a environment that didn't keep you ignorant of this kind of stuff. Which is very good, I think, and your parents obviously did a great job Wink
Just, as I mentioned, not every man is that fortunate. That is why I would be patient. I would not be patient if a man is already educated and still an ass about it. In that case, i would probably tell him off for acting stupidly Tongue

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
17-08-2016, 07:11 AM
There was a really fun episode of 2 and 1/2 Men ---season 6 episode 18 where Charlie's girlfriend Chelsea got sick -- he's having a conversation with her through the bedroom door...

Him -Chelsea? Honey?
Her -Don't come in.
Him - Wasn't even tempted.
I got your tea and muffins.
Her - Oh, I have diarrhea.
I can't eat now.
Him - I may never eat again.
Her -Would you mind going to the drugstore for me?
Him- For you, I'd go to the ends of the earth.
Coming back's a whole other question.
Her - What?
Him - I said what do you need?
Her -Well, I need Pepto and we're almost out of tissues.
And I need some decongestant, some cough syrup something for canker sores and wet wipes.
Him - For your hands?
Her - No.
Him - Got it.
And I'm probably gonna need some tampons.
Him - Oh, great.
There's gonna be blood too.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
17-08-2016, 07:27 AM (This post was last modified: 17-08-2016 07:31 AM by Mr. Boston.)
There are some guys who are just so repulsed by the whole concept of a period that they don't want to have to deal with any reminders that it's a real thing. They expect women to not only deal with this, but do so discretely and keep it compartmentalized so as not to "bother" anybody. I think this is poppycock myself. They're women, they have periods, their bodies are just doing what they do. However much it might seem awkward or inconvenient for the guy to be reminded of - that momentary embarrassment sure beats a week's worth of cramps and bleeding. Putting out an array of feminine products at a party just in case someone needs them is similar to having a birthday party for a 1-year-old and setting up a fully supplied easily-accessible diaper changing station for any other parents of young kids to use. It just makes sense, it's a courtesy. Nobody would accuse a host of being gross if they left out a can of Febreeze and a roll of toilet paper to wipe your ass with! Nobody would accuse a party-goer of being careless if they ate a big lunch before coming to the party and didn't bring their own toilet paper. Wiping one's ass is a person's own responsibility, yet nobody's grossed out by the fact that a party host might take precautions to make it easier for the person. I'm not sure I'd call being upset about the presence of feminine hygiene products "male privilege" but it is pretty juvenile. But I guess when you get down to it what is male privilege if not the expectation that society should indulge your juvenile preferences simply by virtue of the fact you have a dick?
[+] 2 users Like Mr. Boston's post
17-08-2016, 07:43 AM
(16-08-2016 04:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  It hasn't been very long since periods were so hush-hush that even moms did not warn their daughters about "the curse". Yep, it was called "the curse". And my mom and most other little girls back then thought they were dying when they suddenly started bleeding like crazy, from the inside. Something horrible had to have broken! And the pain, cramps and feeling ill all affirmed such horror. My mom went to her mom after bleeding all day and hiding. She was handed a wad of old baby diapers and told this was the curse, and it would happen to her every month. She was to wait until the males had left the house every day to boil the diapers...

My mom did tell me about periods early, when I was 7. We were on vacation and she couldn't go into the water (no tampax back then yet) and I was bugging her about it. So we went for a walk and she told me. So I was spared the horror of suddenly finding myself leaking blood and being in pain... love ya, mom.

I guess since women themselves just recently came to grips with this, we'll need another generation or so until men grow up being comfortable with things.

And yes, feminism isn't all done as yet.

I have simply never thought of this aspect of reality in such detail.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
17-08-2016, 08:01 AM
(17-08-2016 07:43 AM)tomilay Wrote:  
(16-08-2016 04:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  It hasn't been very long since periods were so hush-hush that even moms did not warn their daughters about "the curse". Yep, it was called "the curse". And my mom and most other little girls back then thought they were dying when they suddenly started bleeding like crazy, from the inside. Something horrible had to have broken! And the pain, cramps and feeling ill all affirmed such horror. My mom went to her mom after bleeding all day and hiding. She was handed a wad of old baby diapers and told this was the curse, and it would happen to her every month. She was to wait until the males had left the house every day to boil the diapers...

My mom did tell me about periods early, when I was 7. We were on vacation and she couldn't go into the water (no tampax back then yet) and I was bugging her about it. So we went for a walk and she told me. So I was spared the horror of suddenly finding myself leaking blood and being in pain... love ya, mom.

I guess since women themselves just recently came to grips with this, we'll need another generation or so until men grow up being comfortable with things.

And yes, feminism isn't all done as yet.

I have simply never thought of this aspect of reality in such detail.

Yep, exactly. You had no reason to investigate this at all.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man