periods vs "male privilege"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2016, 08:20 AM (This post was last modified: 17-08-2016 08:24 AM by Anjele.)
RE: periods vs "male privilege"
In thinking about this discussion I realized something. When I was in middle school we (the boys and the girls) were split up into separate rooms while we were told about our reproductive organs and their functions....for want of another way to put it. It really wasn't sex-ed.

We were very carefully kept apart so that we only learned about our own bodies. Almost nothing was mentioned about the opposite sex. Of course, we got together and compared notes afterward but it was the start of making the 'other' sex and their bodily functions something we were not to be concerned with.

What we were taught is that the process of menstruation is a topic only for the girls and only to be dealt with by the girls (in hushed tones and privately) and the occurrence of an erection, at perhaps an inopportune moment, was something only the guys should be aware of. In fact, the guys were actually told that if they got an erection during school they should discretely hit themselves on the head of their penis with a pencil till it went away. Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2016, 08:22 AM
(16-08-2016 04:30 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Menses aren't disguisting, they a part of any women between 12 and 60 life.

Good post but - thank god we don't have periods until we are 60. Most of us go into menopause around 40.

And menopause is a whole other world of terror for many. Luckily the outcome is good (getting rid of the curse and all the associated hormonal disturbances). The process can be drawn out over years though, and the hormonal changes can cause major mental issues as well as physical side effects.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
17-08-2016, 08:26 AM
(17-08-2016 08:22 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(16-08-2016 04:30 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Menses aren't disguisting, they a part of any women between 12 and 60 life.

Good post but - thank god we don't have periods until we are 60. Most of us go into menopause around 40.

And menopause is a whole other world of terror for many. Luckily the outcome is good (getting rid of the curse and all the associated hormonal disturbances). The process can be drawn out over years though, and the hormonal changes can cause major mental issues as well as physical side effects.

A cousin of mine started really young and had dreadful periods with cramping and other physical symptoms. She asked her mother how long it was going to last...my aunt drawled out the answer...forever. Wink

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
17-08-2016, 08:29 AM
BTW - intelligent design my ass. If anyone invented this for females to facilitate procreation, they should be tortured in the worst way. Angry

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
17-08-2016, 09:38 AM
Well, never been married but most of the women I have known on, er, close terms have been pretty up front. And I have bought women's sanitary items for them - even having to ask which size tampons when one forgot to mention that point.

In fact, I have bought and used them myself! When I suffered two nasty and messy medical conditions, in a location that made sitting down and dumping very painful, last year.

I did not get the cramps etc but, even at my age and life experience, it gave me a new perspective on "womens problems" and hygeine. Any bloke embarrassed by such is a wimp, no matter how much he can drink and who he can beat up!
[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post
17-08-2016, 09:52 AM
(17-08-2016 08:20 AM)Anjele Wrote:  In thinking about this discussion I realized something. When I was in middle school we (the boys and the girls) were split up into separate rooms while we were told about our reproductive organs and their functions....for want of another way to put it. It really wasn't sex-ed.

We were very carefully kept apart so that we only learned about our own bodies. Almost nothing was mentioned about the opposite sex. Of course, we got together and compared notes afterward but it was the start of making the 'other' sex and their bodily functions something we were not to be concerned with.

What we were taught is that the process of menstruation is a topic only for the girls and only to be dealt with by the girls (in hushed tones and privately) and the occurrence of an erection, at perhaps an inopportune moment, was something only the guys should be aware of. In fact, the guys were actually told that if they got an erection during school they should discretely hit themselves on the head of their penis with a pencil till it went away. Facepalm
Yeah, I had the same talk (separate from the boys and about girl stuff only) but it appears things have moved on, my daughter had her school talk last month and they didn't separate boys and girls, went through all the changes that happen in puberty to both, and even watched a birthing video lol. Plus this is in a 'religious' school (c of e).
17-08-2016, 09:52 AM
My Chinese countryside ex-wife was 22 when I discovered she had no idea why she had a period every month. She just knew it was some shit that women go through and was amazed that I was even aware of it. She also knew that sex resulted in possible pregnancy, but knew little more beyond that, how it happened, etc.

I had to give her the talk myself. I had a friend from Denmark who also told me he had the same experience with his girlfriend from Shanghai.

Clearly in their attempt to focus on pumping out engineers they manage to leave out some of the basics Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
17-08-2016, 10:43 AM
(17-08-2016 09:52 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  Plus this is in a 'religious' school (c of e).

Well, most of them are damn near atheists anyway! At least most of their vicars know one end of a woman from the other.

:-D
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
17-08-2016, 10:58 AM
I always find it funny that guys don't mind sticking their dick inside the same place that sloughs off a layer of blood every month but they bristle at the sight of a tampon. They just don't measure up or something?

Could this be tampon envy? Laughat

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
17-08-2016, 12:16 PM
Pfft! That guy was a wuss. One of my ex-girlfriends was a serious nympho, even on her period. I've had my share of bloodsex.

It's not a big deal. It washes off.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post