periods vs "male privilege"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2016, 12:39 PM
RE: periods vs "male privilege"
dancefortwo: That is exactly what I am thinking too! And also, it is not like they were leaving bloody tampons laying around lol. I would understand disgust at that sight.

OldManMarsh: Yes he probably was a wuss, who knows. But it does sound like he acted as if the hostess had put those product out with the snacks when for real they were in the bathroom Big Grin

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-08-2016, 02:11 PM
Honestly, as a bloke, it doesn't bother me one way or the other. When my wife was having her period, it saved using a lubricant (sorry).

Seriously... bear in mind that the cited story is only a single incidence. In reality, there's not many mature-aged men who'd baulk at the site of some tampons next to a wash basin—in Australia at least. And I note the incident was written about as occurring "years ago" by an American, and which nationality has always been more puritanical than the rest of the Western world. In the US they still euphemistically call toilets the "bathroom" LOL. So one needs to shift one's perspective a little to the side of prudery when discussing bodily functions in the US.

And I disagree that this quoted scenario has anything to do specifically with so-called "male privilege". If anything it could be seen by some as female privilege. As a bloke holding a house party, I'd not be leave my tube of 'Preparation H' on the counter for any blokes suffering from hemorrhoids, or a basket of condoms and some KY jelly.

Anyway... personally I've not once seen this tampon thing happen, anywhere, ever. Has it ever really happened in real life to anybody here, male or female? At any rate, an already menstruating woman who goes out for a night of drinkin; and dancin' should surely know to carry a couple of spare tampons with her—likewise if her period's imminent. It's not rocket science after all.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
17-08-2016, 02:35 PM
(17-08-2016 02:11 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Honestly, as a bloke, it doesn't bother me one way or the other. When my wife was having her period, it saved using a lubricant (sorry).

Seriously... bear in mind that the cited story is only a single incidence. In reality, there's not many mature-aged men who'd baulk at the site of some tampons next to a wash basin—in Australia at least. And I note the incident was written about as occurring "years ago" by an American, and which nationality has always been more puritanical than the rest of the Western world. In the US they still euphemistically call toilets the "bathroom" LOL. So one needs to shift one's perspective a little to the side of prudery when discussing bodily functions in the US.

And I disagree that this quoted scenario has anything to do specifically with so-called "male privilege". If anything it could be seen by some as female privilege. As a bloke holding a house party, I'd not be leave my tube of 'Preparation H' on the counter for any blokes suffering from hemorrhoids, or a basket of condoms and some KY jelly.

Anyway... personally I've not once seen this tampon thing happen, anywhere, ever. Has it ever really happened in real life to anybody here, male or female? At any rate, an already menstruating woman who goes out for a night of drinkin; and dancin' should surely know to carry a couple of spare tampons with her—likewise if her period's imminent. It's not rocket science after all.

True about the Murikans. Smile I had a woman friend turn crimson red and change the subject when I brought up menopause...Facepalm

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
17-08-2016, 02:40 PM
(17-08-2016 02:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(17-08-2016 02:11 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Honestly, as a bloke, it doesn't bother me one way or the other. When my wife was having her period, it saved using a lubricant (sorry).

True about the Murikans. Smile I had a woman friend turn crimson red and change the subject when I brought up menopause...Facepalm

Reminiscent of the days of swooning and fainting couches...just can't talk about female troubles in polite company or any other company for that matter.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
17-08-2016, 02:46 PM
Quote:Reminiscent of the days of swooning and fainting couches...

Wonder how the sales of smelling salts are going these days?