phpBB function: "Egosearch"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2012, 07:41 AM
phpBB function: "Egosearch"
I'm also member on an other forum where you have the function "show my own messages". It’s a simple link which generates a result like the one you get when you click here below. The function is called "Egosearch" Smile

Egosearch.. Wrote:Show my own messages

I use this function a lot to see if there are reactions to my posts without having to sieve through all the posts of that day.

I note the myBB forum does supports this, but its quite a hassle to get it to do that.
I go to the search panel
Enter my nickname in the "search by user-name" box
scroll down the page
click "search"

Is there a button or more elegant way to do this?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2012, 07:43 AM
RE: phpBB function: "Egosearch"
(03-01-2012 07:41 AM)The_observer Wrote:  I'm also member on an other forum where you have the function "show my own messages". It’s a simple link which generates a result like the one you get when you click here below. The function is called "Egosearch" Smile

Egosearch.. Wrote:Show my own messages

I use this function a lot to see if there are reactions to my posts without having to sieve through all the posts of that day.

I note the myBB forum does supports this, but its quite a hassle to get it to do that.
I go to the search panel
Enter my nickname in the "search by user-name" box
scroll down the page
click "search"

Is there a button or more elegant way to do this?

Yes - click on your name (or anyone's name) and on the left there is a section "Forum Info" and within it are a number of choices, including "Show all posts"

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-01-2012, 08:27 AM
(03-01-2012 07:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  Yes - click on your name (or anyone's name) and on the left there is a section "Forum Info" and within it are a number of choices, including "Show all posts"

I know, but that function doesn’t give me an overview of whether there are new reactions to that post or tread.

That isn’t really the function I'm looking for.

[Image: droids.jpg]

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 3 users Like Observer's post
03-01-2012, 05:52 PM
I can add a search link that has the right parameters set. Basically your searching for threads you participated in that have new replies?

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 2 users Like DeepThought's post
04-01-2012, 11:29 AM
(03-01-2012 05:52 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  I can add a search link that has the right parameters set. Basically your searching for threads you participated in that have new replies?

Yes. All the threads I participated or started. The "bold" font then shows me whether there are new reactions.
It works in the way I described but i's quite a hassle.

Maybe other users think it’s handy too.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
04-01-2012, 12:17 PM
It is a bit of a roundabout way. I would personally prefer if I had my own separate way cooler homepage that showed me all replies to me immediately upon logging in. Plus if it had a cool background like kittens with laser guns that'd be cool. And a voice. A sexy one. With cool background music. Kyuss or something.

Then all of you guys would be jealous. I would laugh and laugh at your puny homepages. And laugh.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
04-01-2012, 01:49 PM
(04-01-2012 12:17 PM)lucradis Wrote:  It is a bit of a roundabout way. I would personally prefer if I had my own separate way cooler homepage that showed me all replies to me immediately upon logging in. Plus if it had a cool background like kittens with laser guns that'd be cool. And a voice. A sexy one. With cool background music. Kyuss or something.

Then all of you guys would be jealous. I would laugh and laugh at your puny homepages. And laugh.
I bet DeepThought has that kind of homepage

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
04-01-2012, 03:26 PM
I would hope so. And really I'd be willing to guess that he had even better stuff like turrets and the monkeys to operate them that target unwanted IP addresses with a will to kill.

Guys gonna become an internet legend if I have anything to say about it. Which I don't, so maybe we should make it so I do? All in favor say ... nevermind just make it so.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
04-01-2012, 05:05 PM
(04-01-2012 11:29 AM)The_observer Wrote:  Maybe other users think it’s handy too.
I think it's handy too.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
11-01-2012, 02:25 PM
[Image: BUMP.jpg]

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist