plagiarism in christianity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2017, 09:47 AM
Video plagiarism in christianity
I recently heard of the epic of gilgamesh probably spelled that wrong but you know what i mean anyway I want to know of other things bothered by surrounding religions and cultures.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2017, 01:01 PM
RE: plagiarism in christianity
Pan Babylonianism

I don't believe scholars like directly attributing Biblical myth to direct derivations of Babylonian myth, they view it as syncretic myth making with it's own unique mythic characteristics.

There are obviously similarities, every version of the three global-effect myths in Genesis has it's components in Babylonian myth.

The influence of Babylonian myth extends beyond Genesis and leaves it's stamp in several books of the bible, the story of Job is such:

The Ludlul-Bel-Nimeqi - Not Merely a Babylonian Job

Also, many mythic elements of the Exodus has similar components, such as the birth legend of Sargon of Akkad.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
02-02-2017, 07:58 AM
RE: plagiarism in christianity
Easter, Christmas, All-Hallows Eve..............all are non christian festivals borrowed by the church.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)