playing the devils game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2016, 01:52 PM
RE: playing the devils game
(29-03-2016 07:19 AM)DerFish Wrote:  
(28-03-2016 06:33 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I love how some religious people seem to think that homosexuality is banable under the constitution.. I mean to them it's only a lifestyle and thus can be taxed or whatever because it's a choice.... so let's go thorough this.. you personally think that all choices are banable then.. and then remember they think that lifestyles are banable.... so lets say vegan-ism is now banable by this legal president. the constitution can be amended THAT AN ALL VEGAN DIET IS NOW ILLIGAL.{sorry caps lock} or that you can no longer have pets.... because no reason where just amending the constitution..... because bible... you know I think that's OK... I think if we can ban lifestyles and choices. then why can't we ban the lifestyle and choice religion... I know there are two arguments against this.. one it's unconstitutional... well. according to religious fundamentalist.. they just put fourth amending the constiution.. so we can change that.. and don't forget the equal protections act and the part of the constitution that guarantees the pursuit of happiness cover gay rights.. and it's morally wrong. so that person now is a hypocrite for wanting to ban someone eles's fun but when the ell tolls for them then "constitution and personal liberty"..... yeah i know I ma playing devils advocate hear.. and that the fight has been finished though I still like to think that religion.. is a lifestyle... thats a choice and isn't natural... what is your opinion on this is my pondering too much...

I hate to be rude, but my opinion is you should go back and finish 4th grade before posting more here or anywhere else for that matter.

I hate to be rude in return but I got a g.e.d so I cleared high school level... L am pretty smart don't let my English teachers failure cause you to think of me as dumb. plus I am sure there is no law of the internet stating you must be this educated to post.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2016, 03:53 PM
(29-03-2016 01:16 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Volenti non fit iniuria. Something being harmful isn't reason enough to make that something illegal; state shouldn't be nanny state which tell their citizens how to live. That's why I'm for legalizing drugs and euthanasia which certainly causes harm.

What do you mean by protecting? Cause in Poland such superstitions is protected and when you say something that sheep deem offensive you can be dragged to court. In light of this I don't think that religious belief warrants protection.

What I mean by something being harmful for banning is like the ban on foie gras in many states, the production of it is harmful to ducks and has been described as so painful it's akin to torture so we have a ban on it, not everywhere but that's why it was banned. The same for the ban on switchblades, it's caused so much harm that it needed to be restricted and outright banned in many countries, yet we still have guns which are even more harmful but I don't always agree with why something is banned.

What I mean by "protecting" is the right to worship or believe in a religion and practice it as long as you are not infringing on any laws or rights of others, it should be fine. We should not however give them special treatment or even waive their taxes, not sure why that's even a law.

(29-03-2016 01:16 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  So your religion isn't really respected.

It is being respected since there are nudist colonies I can visit and I can always walk about naked at home or a private backyard as much as I please but since public nudity is against the law I would have to face the consequences but still it's not because of my religion, it's because I was naked in public. Beliefs are one thing but "practices" are another, if it's someone's religious practice to kill homosexuals and they go around killing them they are breaking the law, so they can "believe" it all they want but if they try to enforce their practices onto society at large they will face the consequences.

(29-03-2016 01:16 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Again, Volenti non fit iniuria. It's not up to others to decide how people should led their lives. I care not for those who want to deny me something supposedly for my own good, cause it is from doing something to greater good greatest suffering arose.

I agree it's not for others to decide what is harmful which is why I can't stand Christians wanting to control a gay persons choice to have gay sex, if it's not hurting them in any way why should they care? They may think it's harmful and hurting them and God but it's not for them to decide. I honestly question most bans we have in place in the U.S. especially for raw milk and honey, we should be able to decide what we eat and drink but if it's actual poison then yes we should control it's availability.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
30-03-2016, 12:15 AM
(29-03-2016 03:53 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  What I mean by something being harmful for banning is like the ban on foie gras in many states, the production of it is harmful to ducks and has been described as so painful it's akin to torture so we have a ban on it, not everywhere but that's why it was banned.

With this I could agree, unnecessary suffering isn't something that I support.

(29-03-2016 03:53 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  The same for the ban on switchblades, it's caused so much harm that it needed to be restricted and outright banned in many countries, yet we still have guns which are even more harmful but I don't always agree with why something is banned.

In my layman opinion knives aren't really suited for self defense but I wouldn't ban them. Such ban is senseless as you always can buy another kind of knife or other weapon.

(29-03-2016 03:53 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  What I mean by "protecting" is the right to worship or believe in a religion and practice it as long as you are not infringing on any laws or rights of others, it should be fine. We should not however give them special treatment or even waive their taxes, not sure why that's even a law.

Then I would not call it protecting just state keeping nose out of something that isn't it business. About special treatment I agree.

(29-03-2016 03:53 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  It is being respected since there are nudist colonies I can visit and I can always walk about naked at home or a private backyard as much as I please but since public nudity is against the law I would have to face the consequences but still it's not because of my religion, it's because I was naked in public.

It's because your religion teachings that say you must walk nude on public propperty aren't respected.

(29-03-2016 03:53 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  Beliefs are one thing but "practices" are another, if it's someone's religious practice to kill homosexuals and they go around killing them they are breaking the law, so they can "believe" it all they want but if they try to enforce their practices onto society at large they will face the consequences.

If we "respect" the beliefs and not practices then we can not speak about respecting something. It's good though, walking nude is harmless but killing homosexuals it's not.

(29-03-2016 03:53 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I agree it's not for others to decide what is harmful which is why I can't stand Christians wanting to control a gay persons choice to have gay sex, if it's not hurting them in any way why should they care?

Cause it will bring harm to entire mankind. Remember Sodom?

Seriously it's just their inner totalitarianism speaking.

(29-03-2016 03:53 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  They may think it's harmful and hurting them and God but it's not for them to decide. I honestly question most bans we have in place in the U.S. especially for raw milk and honey, we should be able to decide what we eat and drink but if it's actual poison then yes we should control it's availability.

Agreed.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.