"politicaly" which hand do you think I should cut off

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2012, 07:18 AM
RE: "politicaly" which hand do you think I should cut off
(31-08-2012 06:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-08-2012 05:43 PM)tnt4philly Wrote:  And everyone that ate tomatoes in 1850 is dead now.

Very constructive.Consider

You seem to want this not to be true.

What don;t i wantto be true, lower healthcare? Of course I want it to be true but I do not think that a universal system is the answer here inthe US. For on, I am not willing to give up any of the quailty we have and when I compare the VA, which is Government run care, and the private secotr, I see a huge differene in the quality. I am aso not convinced that a universal system would work in the US. The mond set here is dofferent and for as many hard working invoative people we have, we have more than our fair share of lazy do nothing pieces of shit that will and drain government ran systems dry. When people get shit for free they abuse and over use it. I like a system where people that can work need to do so.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2012, 08:00 AM
(01-09-2012 07:18 AM)tnt4philly Wrote:  
(31-08-2012 06:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  Very constructive.Consider

What don;t i wantto be true, lower healthcare? Of course I want it to be true but I do not think that a universal system is the answer here inthe US. For on, I am not willing to give up any of the quailty we have and when I compare the VA, which is Government run care, and the private secotr, I see a huge differene in the quality. I am aso not convinced that a universal system would work in the US. The mond set here is dofferent and for as many hard working invoative people we have, we have more than our fair share of lazy do nothing pieces of shit that will and drain government ran systems dry. When people get shit for free they abuse and over use it. I like a system where people that can work need to do so.

Having a single-payer (it's not 'free') delivery system lowers costs. It doesn't say anything about quality. If you survey the single-payer systems out there, they all work, some better than others.

The mind set that says we must have competition in health care, that it must be a business, is an ideological stance. Why must it be a business?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
01-09-2012, 09:08 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2012 09:14 AM by Diablo666.)
(01-09-2012 07:18 AM)tnt4philly Wrote:  
(31-08-2012 06:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  Very constructive.Consider

Its a myth that we have the best health care in the world. Its utter BS unless you have millions of dollars to spend. However, if you look at the numbers, you know those pesky facts, you will easily see that our healthcare system is not vastly superior. Hell its barely mediocre.

The US spends twice as much as Canada does per person on health care. Now think about that. If we maintain current spending and had universal health care, that means we would have twice the doctors, twice the nurses, twice the facilities, twice the test, etc... We would have an infinitely better health care over the Canadians.

At that point you could maybe start bragging about how AMAZING our health care is.

PS: Wasn't there a study done that showed people often judge quality merely by price? In other words, the more expensive the item the better quality people would seem to think it had. Maybe thats why dumbas Americans think they have such good health care. I mean shit, if you have to sell your house and car and go into bankruptcy to get the care, then it must be fucking AMAZING!!!

Here is another pesky Fact for you.
2/3 of the Bankruptcies in the US are now due to medical expense, up from 8% in 1981.
Find all posts by this user