"politicaly" which hand do you think I should cut off

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2012, 11:41 PM
RE: "politicaly" which hand do you think I should cut off
(26-08-2012 09:29 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Sorry I didn't get the Star Wars reference but if you think that Obama is far left or even Liberal, I think much to learn you have.

My understanding is that the rest of the world (and those of you from the rest of the world, please correct me if I am incorrect*) see US politics as centre right to far right.... there is no left.

* extra points for getting the Scottish comedic reference here

I guess it is all relative because here in the US Obama is left of center.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2012, 11:46 PM
(26-08-2012 09:29 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  
(26-08-2012 09:14 AM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  basically It's about election time and I feel not like voting for obama{definitely not} but I feel that romney is just a lesser evil sent by the dark forces we call the far right. on one hand we got a dark far left gut{that is a star wars reference so work with me here} and on the right hand we have the dark right wing guy that is just a lesser evil than the one that is in office now. so my question is dose anybody feel like there losing here. I mean in order to get the physical conservative in he might try to do things like reinstate don't ask don't tell and stuff like that but putting the liberal into office is like being a masochistic at this point. so I believe I have no other choice. mainly because the parties seem to be playing to the most extreme pats for political game.

p.s. like those that mis-quote lady gaga songs for political ends.

I'm looking forward to the day when America stops being the self-imposed World Cop. Until that happens, non-Americans have to be interested in U.S. elections, because we're frantically hoping that you don't end up with someone who heavily believes in Revelations. Anybody who does should not be allowed anywhere near nuclear launch codes.

So, the rest of the world is influenced by the results of an election that they can't participate in... and bitch-slap themselves with laughter when that nation uses the word "democracy" as if it was a natural part of the world-order.

I need more coffee.

So you would be cool of we pulled all of the aid we give to other countries? I Know we are not perfect and I know we have done some stupid shit, but when we are needed we are there in full force.
28-08-2012, 11:48 PM
(28-08-2012 11:13 PM)tnt4philly Wrote:  
(26-08-2012 09:43 AM)DLJ Wrote:  You do realise that universal health care is cheaper than your current system, right?

I don't buy it. There are a lot I reasons why our healthcare is so expensive and a universal state will not make it better.

I have talked with people who are already under it (this is not universal healthcare). They love it.

(28-08-2012 11:41 PM)tnt4philly Wrote:  
(26-08-2012 09:29 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Sorry I didn't get the Star Wars reference but if you think that Obama is far left or even Liberal, I think much to learn you have.

My understanding is that the rest of the world (and those of you from the rest of the world, please correct me if I am incorrect*) see US politics as centre right to far right.... there is no left.

* extra points for getting the Scottish comedic reference here

I guess it is all relative because here in the US Obama is left of center.

There is no such thing as the "left" in the U.S. There is the far right (Republicans), and then there is the slightly right (Democrats).

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
28-08-2012, 11:55 PM
(26-08-2012 12:07 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(26-08-2012 12:00 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  also I like to propose this.

if the economy now is bush economy then
clintons good economy{because he claimed it during the time he was in office]= bush 1 or regains economy.{according to how long each was in office.}

Bush Jr. had two terms in which he began two wars, ignored the mortgage crisis, and persisted in useless government programs.

Bush started the war in Afghanistan? I'll give you Iraq but going into Afghanistan was fully justified and was started by 9/11.
28-08-2012, 11:57 PM
(28-08-2012 11:48 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(28-08-2012 11:13 PM)tnt4philly Wrote:  I don't buy it. There are a lot I reasons why our healthcare is so expensive and a universal state will not make it better.

I have talked with people who are already under it (this is not universal healthcare). They love it.

(28-08-2012 11:41 PM)tnt4philly Wrote:  I guess it is all relative because here in the US Obama is left of center.

There is no such thing as the "left" in the U.S. There is the far right (Republicans), and then there is the slightly right (Democrats).

Sigh. That may be true when comparing us to the rest of the world, but with I the US there is a left and a right and Obama is on the left.
29-08-2012, 12:04 AM
For those of you that live in countries with universal healthcare. What kind of taxes are you guys paying?
29-08-2012, 02:08 AM
To address your dilemma k-drive, I am pretty much in th same boat. I have moved closer to the center on most social issues, but I am still to the right on most other issues. I lnow that most people here lean to the left so they can not understand this, but I will most likely not vote for Obama. Granted he got a bit of a mess but he has made it considerably worse and I am not at all sold on his healthcare plan. I think the next POTUS will be appointing one or two SCOTUS members also and I would rather have that person be more on th conservative side. With that said, I am not too fond of the idea of having some religious fanatic in office either. I will most likely sit this election out.
29-08-2012, 07:23 AM
(28-08-2012 11:13 PM)tnt4philly Wrote:  
(26-08-2012 09:43 AM)DLJ Wrote:  You do realise that universal health care is cheaper than your current system, right?

I don't buy it. There are a lot I reasons why our healthcare is so expensive and a universal state will not make it better.

The data say otherwise.

In the U.S., for every dollar you spend about 23% goes to overhead costs.
In countries with socialized medicine, that number is 7% - 14%.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-08-2012, 08:08 AM
(29-08-2012 12:04 AM)tnt4philly Wrote:  For those of you that live in countries with universal healthcare. What kind of taxes are you guys paying?
Here you go.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
29-08-2012, 08:10 AM
(28-08-2012 11:57 PM)tnt4philly Wrote:  
(28-08-2012 11:48 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I have talked with people who are already under it (this is not universal healthcare). They love it.

Sigh. That may be true when comparing us to the rest of the world, but with I the US there is a left and a right and Obama is on the left.

I can guarantee that on the political spectrum, the majority of Americans would find themselves to be relatively right-leaning.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]