popcorn.gif (a FB discussion about 50 Shades and Christians)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2015, 07:50 AM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2015 09:35 AM by kingschosen.)
popcorn.gif (a FB discussion about 50 Shades and Christians)
For those of you on my FB.

I'll pop some more when I get home from work.

Thumbsup

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2015, 01:50 PM
RE: popcorn.gif
Can anyone post the comments? I'm curious. QC said there were some posts, but I'm unable to see them at work.

16-02-2015, 01:53 PM
(16-02-2015 01:50 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Can anyone post the comments? I'm curious. QC said there were some posts, but I'm unable to see them at work.

From your Attn Christians post?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
16-02-2015, 01:56 PM
(16-02-2015 01:53 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(16-02-2015 01:50 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Can anyone post the comments? I'm curious. QC said there were some posts, but I'm unable to see them at work.

From your Attn Christians post?

Yeah.

16-02-2015, 01:58 PM
(16-02-2015 01:56 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(16-02-2015 01:53 PM)Anjele Wrote:  From your Attn Christians post?

Yeah.

Not until you respond to my 50 Shades of AWESOME queries. Angry

#sigh
16-02-2015, 01:58 PM
(16-02-2015 01:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-02-2015 01:56 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yeah.

Not until you respond to my 50 Shades of Grey queries. Angry

Which are?

16-02-2015, 02:00 PM
Kori What comments?
14 hrs · Like

Kori I get the feeling there's some kind of gimmick to this or something. >_>
14 hrs · Like

Jeremy What level of Christianity do you have to to become the Holy Spirit? How much experience do you need? How much churchy stuff do you have to do? I mean, I see a lot of Christians trying to impute their own personal convictions on to others and passively aggressively judge others with zippy FB statuses about 50 Shades. I want to do that!!! Please tell me how. I want to get to get the Judge ability... But every time I try, I keep getting afflicted with the "hypocrite virus". And every freaking time I do it a Pharisee comes up to me and says, "Welcome to the guild!" They have crappy stats and bonuses... Trying to avoid them. But, I heard in order to become a FB Holy Spirit you have to take this route. Is there another way? I can't find any FAQs on it.
14 hrs · Edited · Like · 16

Kevin Popcorn.gif
14 hrs · Like · 2

Daniel Try http://www.graceisforloosers.com
14 hrs · Like

Daniel
14 hrs · Like

Jeremy Kevin, I'm at 1132... Let's see if that changes. Popcorn.gif indeed.
14 hrs · Like · 1

Pat Your words are clever but may be a little misguided. I have stated my views about 50 shades but it was in the spirit of standing up for what I believe. We Christians need to make a stand... You know the old song, "if you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything"? There was no judgement on my part. The Bible teaches us to go ye therefore and teach...not judge...perhaps your words were a little judgmental? And oh by the way, you know very well that I love you, so my words here are also sincere.
13 hrs · Like · 2

Rob Nice to see you haven't lost your touch, Jeremy.
7 hrs · Like

Mark Judging no, but accountability, yes? Would you want your daughter treated like that in her bed room? Before marriage?
7 hrs · Like · 2

Jason Jeremy, there are many commands from Christ and his Apostles in the New Testament regarding the necessity and obligation to hold other Believers accountable for their actions for the sake of purity within the body of Christ. A quick keyword search would yield plenty of subject matter. Many reputable Christian pastors and leaders have also written regarding 50 shades and their insight is valuable.

Also, when you call others judgmental, you are making a judgment.
7 hrs · Like · 3

Melissa NICE! I really just want all judgemental comments to stop.
5 hrs · Like

Liz Actually, when you call someone judgemental and it's true; then you, youself, are not being judgemental. You are stating a fact, and judgements are opinions.
5 hrs · Like

Pat Liz who gets to decide which is true? The Bible is and should be our only guide...again, not wanting this to sound harsh but unfortunately this medium does not express emotions...
4 hrs · Like · 1

Chip Don't be a stumbling block for others. If your actions are hurting someone's walk with Christ, your actions are wrong.
3 hrs · Like · 2

Liz Pat, you are referring to the subject matter, and not to whether something is judgemental or not. A judgement is simply making an observation/evaluation of something and giving your opinion on the matter.

I was highlighting the difference between fact and opinion - and more specifically - how many people confuse the two.
3 hrs · Like · 1

Michael I teach, I don't judge. I exhort, rebuke, instruct, it's up to the Father to judge. The Word of God makes it clear that if you fall down alone it's horrific, but that a chord of three strands is not easily broken....but I'm confused....I don't know how you could criticize anybody anyway when another one of your status already said u went and saw the movie....maybe u were joking.....as u r now being sarcastic.....obviously you have been hurt by the church and by church people...as have i....you need to deal with that before trying to fix anything in anyone else anyway
2 hrs · Like · 1

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
16-02-2015, 02:00 PM
I cleaned up the names.

16-02-2015, 02:04 PM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2015 02:07 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-02-2015 01:58 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(16-02-2015 01:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Not until you respond to my 50 Shades of Grey queries. Angry

Which are?

Huh from your FB page maybe?

KingsTwit: 50 Shades of AWESOME! BEST MOVIE EVER

GirylMan: I can't wait! What were your favorite scenes? Was it like the book? What did QueensChosen think? ... Girly's giddy.

Huh

#sigh
16-02-2015, 02:04 PM
(16-02-2015 02:00 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I cleaned up the names.

Thanks for that. I was hoping you would.

...but yeah. Fun. I shall now concoct a response.