popcorn.gif (a FB discussion about 50 Shades and Christians)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2015, 05:58 PM
RE: popcorn.gif (a FB discussion about 50 Shades and Christians)
No prob, Angie. Thanks, though.

I just ripped into one of my brother's friends. He told me I needed to repent. Yeah...

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2015, 06:24 PM
(17-02-2015 05:58 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No prob, Angie. Thanks, though.

I just ripped into one of my brother's friends. He told me I needed to repent. Yeah...

He comes off as exactly the flavor of Christian that I intend to avoid. Yeesh, if he were ever to fall off that high horse...

I suppose it's a burden to be so damned perfect. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
17-02-2015, 07:49 PM
(17-02-2015 06:24 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(17-02-2015 05:58 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No prob, Angie. Thanks, though.

He comes off as exactly the flavor of Christian that I intend to avoid. Yeesh, if he were ever to fall off that high horse...

I suppose it's a burden to be so damned perfect. Dodgy

That's an awesome response. Please post that.

If he could only know how offensive he sounds to people that aren't Christians. Maybe he could get a clue.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
17-02-2015, 08:25 PM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2015 09:11 PM by Full Circle.)
KC, I saw this happening on your FB page and thought, nope, not gonna say anything, not my business.

Two things immediately came to mind now that I have read it:
1. Everyone wants to feel superior (whatever the topic, holier-than-thou in this case)
2. I am SO HAPPY I escaped the fun-house.

I applaud you for calling it like you see it without mincing words.
The topic for me is a bit ridiculous, hard to get too upset over who watches what movie. (Unless of course it’s Kickass 2, worst movie ever made and anyone who disagrees with me is wrong!)

When I was a teen still going to Mass people would actually brag over who said more Our Fathers, Hail Marys, went to more confessions, attended more services, lit more candles and even who sat closest to the front near the altar.

People want to feel superior, and because all of you are religious there is a one-upmanship revolving around who sins less or whatever. Human nature. We are but one chromosome removed from a Chimpanzee after all.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
18-02-2015, 08:14 AM
Think I'm going to punt.

This guy just doesn't get it.

18-02-2015, 08:40 AM
I haven't actually been reading his responses beyond the first sentence or two. So far as I can tell, he thinks you're just picking on him, or that your claims of him being judgmental are just subjective, because other people don't think he is?