pope wants just distribution of global wealth for the poor and hungry

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2014, 11:14 AM
RE: pope wants just distribution of global wealth for the poor and hungry
(03-12-2014 08:31 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Can I just say that I think the Pope might be the person I hate the most on this planet? Like, I really wish he'd die in some slow, painful way, and the fact that that hasn't happened, to me, is just more proof a loving god does not exist.

Just the sheer idea of having a ton of completely unneeded stuff lying around your house that, without even getting rid of all of it, could be used to literally end world hunger, and probably a bunch of other problems while we're at it, and not just completely ignoring this fact while you talk about the hungry and poor, but also simultaneously being considered the best person to currently walk the Earth by tons of people, and probably yourself, makes me just so completely pissed.

Is it illogical to blame any and all hunger or poverty related deaths on him? Cause I want to.

And meanwhile, all the people on fixed incomes must tithe to the church. :weeping:

I have to agree with all of the above. Also, this god they tout ... how is this god so powerful that it appears completely unable to make the slightest dent in world hunger? I'm not even talking about poverty - just systemic hunger & starvation. If this powerful god can't even feed people, then any funds received is going to fail.

I think their money is spent on advertising - all show & no blow. They promote the rules, the rituals, the traditions, along with the "perks" of competitive pride and that "afterlife reward". However, with everything it takes to organize telling people what they do, they end up falling relatively short of basic human needs.

One would think a serious re-prioritization might be in order... hmmmm? :cup:

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
03-12-2014, 11:19 AM
(03-12-2014 10:24 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 06:52 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Speaking of Catholics and money...I got a letter the other day from the high school I graduated from. Actually it was specifically from a classmate so I thought maybe it was an invitation for our 40th reunion next summer....noooooooo - they are trying to raise 6.5 million dollars for the school system and want a donation. Like they aren't hitting me up for money about every three months already.

Send it back with a request for a refund of all the money you donated in the past and never got your money's worth because it's all bullshit. Tongue

This reminds me of the money Mother Teresa Evil_monster took from crooks like Charles Keating and the Duvaliers of Haiti. She Evil_monster was specifically asked to return the Keating money and here's her Evil_monster letter.

[Image: lettertoito.jpg]

The District Attorney, Paul W. Turley wrote a return letter trying again to convince her to return the money and here's is letter. Sorry, it's kind of long.

Dear Mother Teresa:
I am a Deputy District Attorney in Los Angeles County and one of the persons who worked on the prosecution of your benefactor, Charles H. Keating, Jr. I read your letter to Judge Ito, written on behalf of Mr. Keating, which includes your admission that you know nothing about Mr. Keating’s business or the criminal charges presented to Judge Ito. I am writing to you to provide a brief explanation of the crimes of which Mr. Keating has been convicted, to give you an understanding of the source of the money that Mr. Keating gave to you, and to suggest that you perform the moral and ethical act of returning the money to its rightful owners.

The biblical slogan of your organization is ‘As long as you did it to one of these My least brethren. You did it to Me’. The ‘least’ of the brethren are among those whom Mr. Keating fleeced without flinching. As you well know, divine forgiveness is available to all, but forgiveness must be preceded by admission of sin. Not only has Mr. Keating failed to admit his sins and his crimes, he persists in self righteously blaming others for his own misdeeds. Your experience is, admirably, with the poor. My experience has been with the ‘con’ man and the perpetrator of the fraud. It is not uncommon for ‘con’ men to be generous with family, friends and charities. Perhaps they believe that their generosity will purchase love, respect or forgiveness. However, the time when the purchase of ‘indulgences’ was an acceptable method of seeking forgiveness died with the Reformation. No church, no charity, no organisation should allow itself to be used as salve for the conscience of the criminal.

Mother Teresa meeting the then head of the world\'s oldest intelligence agency and executor of the richest tax exempt organisation in the world.
Mother Teresa meeting the then head of the world's oldest intelligence agency and executor of the richest tax exempt organisation in the world.
I remind myself of the biblical admonition of the Prophet Micah: ‘0 man, what is good and what does the Lord require of you. To do justice, love mercy and walk humbly.’ We are urged to love mercy but we must do justice. You urge Judge Ito to look into his heart – as he sentences Charles Keating – and do what Jesus would do. I submit the same challenge to you.

Ask yourself what Jesus would do if he were given the fruits of a crime; what Jesus would do if he were in possession of money that had been stolen; what Jesus would do if he were being exploited by a thief to ease his conscience? I submit that Jesus would promptly and unhesitatingly return the stolen property to its rightful owners. You should do the same. You have been given money by Mr. Keating that he has been convicted of stealing by fraud. Do not permit him the ‘indulgence’ he desires. Do not keep the money. Return it to those who worked for it and earned it!

If you contact me I will put you in direct contact with the rightful owners of the property now in your possession.

Paul W. Turley

She never returned the money. Mother Teresa = Evil_monster

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
03-12-2014, 11:51 AM
Yea, Mother Teresa was a cunt - the church & it's clergy are straight up thugs.

Doesn't it feel spectacular to know this is a place where that can even be stated? I like knowing above all else that here, the church & clergy are on equal footing with the rest of humanity. Fuck 'em. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
03-12-2014, 11:55 AM
As far as heads of worldwide child-raping, confidence-destroying, hate-inspiring organizations go... I like this particular one.
03-12-2014, 12:07 PM
(03-12-2014 11:19 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  She never returned the money. Mother Teresa = Evil_monster

Why does that not surprise me? She's related to such a reputable organization *cough*. She probably already spent the money on the poor *cough* and had to ask for the return funds from the Vatican - which, of course, had none to spare because golden thrones and such cost enough not to leave much extra laying around. Dodgy

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
03-12-2014, 12:14 PM
(03-12-2014 11:51 AM)kim Wrote:  Yea, Mother Teresa was a cunt - the church & it's clergy are straight up thugs.

Doesn't it feel spectacular to know this is a place where that can even be stated? I like knowing above all else that here, the church & clergy are on equal footing with the rest of humanity. Fuck 'em. Drinking Beverage

It pretty hilarious the Roman Church beatified (or is she canonized now ?) an atheist. She said in her letters that when she looked in her heart she "dared not name that which she saw".
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree...aanatheist

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
03-12-2014, 12:20 PM
(03-12-2014 12:07 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 11:19 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  She never returned the money. Mother Teresa = Evil_monster

Why does that not surprise me? She's related to such a reputable organization *cough*. She probably already spent the money on the poor *cough* and had to ask for the return funds from the Vatican - which, of course, had none to spare because golden thrones and such cost enough not to leave much extra laying around. Dodgy

Medical organizations would donate large boxes of medical supplies but they would sit in a backroom unopened. She wanted the dying to suffer just like Christ on the cross. What a bitch she was.

The Vatican used her as a front to gather donations for the church which they siphoned off for themselves.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
03-12-2014, 12:25 PM
(03-12-2014 12:20 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Medical organizations would donate large boxes of medical supplies but they would sit in a backroom unopened. She wanted the dying to suffer just like Christ on the cross. What a bitch she was.

The Vatican used her as a front to gather donations for the church which they siphoned off for themselves.

Wow, really? I didn't know about all of that. But it figures. I'll have to look more into that now. It seems that one-by-one anything that can possibly be construed as "good" with the Catholic church, crumbles into filth. Dodgy

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
03-12-2014, 01:03 PM
(03-12-2014 12:25 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 12:20 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Medical organizations would donate large boxes of medical supplies but they would sit in a backroom unopened. She wanted the dying to suffer just like Christ on the cross. What a bitch she was.

Wow, really? I didn't know about all of that. But it figures. I'll have to look more into that now. It seems that one-by-one anything that can possibly be construed as "good" with the Catholic church, crumbles into filth. Dodgy
Theresa was a monster. She could have done lots to help people instead she hugged them as they died.
03-12-2014, 01:54 PM
(03-12-2014 01:03 PM)wazzel Wrote:  
(03-12-2014 12:25 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Wow, really? I didn't know about all of that. But it figures. I'll have to look more into that now. It seems that one-by-one anything that can possibly be construed as "good" with the Catholic church, crumbles into filth. Dodgy
Theresa was a monster. She could have done lots to help people instead she hugged them as they died.

we have two kinds of monsters

first is the kind that everyone hates because of their evil deeds
seconds in the kind everyone loves because they don't bother to research about their evil deed and ignore them Facepalm

this monster falls in the latter category

the only thing about her that didn't make her look like a monster was .............. ..........uhhhhhhh wait, I'm sure I'll get something *20 millions years later* ....... any moment now Facepalm