practicing religion due to respect for the family
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2010, 01:56 PM
RE: practicing religion due to respect for the family
(26-05-2010 06:19 AM)ChristyGrl Wrote:  Hi everyone...I am new to this forum and also new to Athiesm/Agnosticism. I can, without any doubts, say I am an Ex-Christian. After many years of studying ancient history, archeology, astrotheology, ancient comparative religions, it is abundantly clear to me that I've been fed the biggest lie ever sold to people and it makes me mad...very mad. My husband is still a Christian and he prays for me before I leave each morning for work. While I believe it is all nonsense, I let him continue with it due to the deep respect and love I have for him. We haven't attended church in a few years due to bad experiences and at this point I would never set my feet in a church again. He knows what I believe and he doesn't try to reconvert me. I look at it this way...if a person needs to believe in myths and mythical beings to get through this life, I don't have a problem with it...just don't try to sell it to me because I've been there and done that and refuse to live a lie for anyone.

Welcome, ChristyGrl. I'm in sort of the same situation. My wife is still a Christian, while I'm an Atheist. We get into discussions about religion and, although at times I get a bit frustrated with some of her comments, in the end we leave the argument at the door and look at what our common bond is...our love and affection for one another, and for our kids (2 far).
Quote this message in a reply