praising god in a thrift store

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2015, 09:40 PM
praising god in a thrift store
So my husband went to a thrift store yesterday, he said there were a group of people that every time picked something up that they were 'looking' for would say "thank you god, thank you Jesus".

He said he should have said "shit god fucked me, I didn't find anything". Lmao
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like purpledaisies's post
19-07-2015, 09:55 PM
RE: praising god in a thrift store
... or, "Lord, why won't you let me shop at Macy's?"
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
19-07-2015, 10:04 PM
Well considering stupid people tend to be religious and stupid people also tend to be poor and poor people tend to shop at thrift shops this is of very little surprise.

They are however forgetting the fact that, as Thump said, they are in fact shopping at a thrift store.
Not that I have anything against thrift stores but if you're gonna pray for something, like nice cloths at a thrift store, at least aim a little higher.

But hey, if it wasn't for retarded poor people I'd have to pump my own gas so...
19-07-2015, 10:11 PM
(19-07-2015 10:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Well considering stupid people tend to be religious and stupid people also tend to be poor and poor people tend to shop at thrift shops this is of very little surprise.

They are however forgetting the fact that, as Thump said, they are in fact shopping at a thrift store.
Not that I have anything against thrift stores but if you're gonna pray for something, like nice cloths at a thrift store, at least aim a little higher.

But hey, if it wasn't for retarded poor people I'd have to pump my own gas so...

I love shopping at thrift stores you never know what you'll find. I've found some very expensive things. Its so fun to see what you can find. However I'm not poor I just love to get a good deal.

But yeah stupid people.
[+] 2 users Like purpledaisies's post
19-07-2015, 10:51 PM
I confess it wasn't at a thrift store, but I did follow a lady around in a mall store because I caught her saying Jesus-y stuff to her adolescent son, praying right in front of him while he looked a little embarassed...

So I pretended (a little outrageously) to be talking to God in a kind of conversation you'd normally have on a cellphone with a friend, making sure I moved in and out of their hearing randomly so it didn't LOOK like I was following them.

For some reason this entertained the hell out of me, and I saw that kid smile once he got the joke. Like a spark of hope, like "Oh good, someone else thinks mom is insane, too!"

She was pretty annoyed by me, but never addressed me directly.

I mean, how do you interrupt a guy praying aloud to God, in his best Jebus-speak, about what kind of shirt and tie combination will get the most girls in Sunday School?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
19-07-2015, 11:15 PM
(19-07-2015 10:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  But hey, if it wasn't for retarded poor people I'd have to pump my own gas so...
Here in Ohio everyone has to pump their own gas. There are no gas stations that employ people to pump the gas for you.

The last time someone else pumped gas for me was in 1994 and that was in Pennsylvania.

Sapere aude
20-07-2015, 09:42 AM
(19-07-2015 10:11 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I love shopping at thrift stores you never know what you'll find. I've found some very expensive things. Its so fun to see what you can find. However I'm not poor I just love to get a good deal.

I hear you, you can find odd and rare stuff in them too.
20-07-2015, 09:45 AM
(19-07-2015 11:15 PM)f stop Wrote:  
(19-07-2015 10:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  But hey, if it wasn't for retarded poor people I'd have to pump my own gas so...
Here in Ohio everyone has to pump their own gas. There are no gas stations that employ people to pump the gas for you.

The last time someone else pumped gas for me was in 1994 and that was in Pennsylvania.

We had one station that was still full service until last year when the owner retired....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
20-07-2015, 02:43 PM
They tried to introduce self service gas stations here in Dubai last year. It failed miserably, people are too lazy and technically inept so the poor people get to keep their jobs.

Thrift stores are brilliant when I'm back in the UK. No such thing here.

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
20-07-2015, 02:56 PM
(19-07-2015 11:15 PM)f stop Wrote:  

Here in Oregon it's illegal to pump your own gas.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man