prayer or politics?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2017, 09:12 AM
prayer or politics?
Every time Pence opens his mouth he is praying. He cannot (or will not) hold a speech without "god" at the center of it, no matter what the topic.

I am starting to get seriously annoyed. Can't even watch the news without being preached at anymore. Angry

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
11-09-2017, 09:32 AM
RE: prayer or politics?
I can't watch him or puppet live with all the god crap. (only in puppet's teleprompter speeches; when he goes off on his crowd sizes or the wall he forgets all about the almighty)

I can't even watch CNN without the anchors saying "god willing" and "god bless you."

AngryCensored
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
11-09-2017, 10:30 AM
And Trump has overturned the Johnson Amendment which had required Religious institutions that get tax free status from engaging in politics.

http://www.citizensproject.org/2017/04/1...criminate/

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes BikerDude's post
11-09-2017, 12:33 PM
(11-09-2017 09:12 AM)Dom Wrote:  Every time Pence opens his mouth he is praying. He cannot (or will not) hold a speech without "god" at the center of it, no matter what the topic.

I am starting to get seriously annoyed. Can't even watch the news without being preached at anymore. Angry

7 billion humans whom mostly have a religion of some sort. Those followers will always try to inject comic book morality in place of the fact that humans are ultimately out for resources. While it is possible to try to argue for a more secular world where common interests should be the priority, there will always be those whom claim their version of fiction is a cure all, and will attempt to inject it into politics. But again, that is not a patent owned by one religion, and yes it is annoying, but I don't see that gap filling aspect of my species ever completely going away.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-09-2017, 12:51 PM
(11-09-2017 12:33 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(11-09-2017 09:12 AM)Dom Wrote:  Every time Pence opens his mouth he is praying. He cannot (or will not) hold a speech without "god" at the center of it, no matter what the topic.

7 billion humans whom mostly have a religion of some sort. Those followers will always try to inject comic book morality in place of the fact that humans are ultimately out for resources. While it is possible to try to argue for a more secular world where common interests should be the priority, there will always be those whom claim their version of fiction is a cure all, and will attempt to inject it into politics. But again, that is not a patent owned by one religion, and yes it is annoying, but I don't see that gap filling aspect of my species ever completely going away.

Well, nobody is talking of it going away. It's there like never before, we have a vice prez who cannot talk, he can only pray. Everything is about the almighty god who graces us with his presence. Nothing is about people and places and - well - politics as we knew them. The pres doesn't give a shit and will let the vice play however he likes.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
11-09-2017, 12:58 PM
Before you complain that "they never DO anything", keep in mind the things they might do if they did -- and ask yourself - is "nothing" really that bad????

Personally the idea of these rubber room rejects getting things done their way scares the shit out of me.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
11-09-2017, 01:20 PM
I didn't say anything about getting nothing done?

I am a proponent of leaving trump in office til the next election, and hopefully get some more dems into congress soon.

I'd like trump to play lots of golf, eat his meatloaf and chocolate cake with ice cream, and watch lots of TV. But that's all I want him to do.

Pence does get things done, despite the constantly present Almighty.

11-09-2017, 01:25 PM
(11-09-2017 01:20 PM)Dom Wrote:  I didn't say anything about getting nothing done?

I am a proponent of leaving trump in office til the next election, and hopefully get some more dems into congress soon.

I'd like trump to play lots of golf, eat his meatloaf and chocolate cake with ice cream, and watch lots of TV. But that's all I want him to do.

OK..

But if he's praying, he's harmless...

It's when he quits with the shit that you have to worry.....

Maybe Trump can teach him golf....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
11-09-2017, 05:03 PM
(11-09-2017 01:25 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(11-09-2017 01:20 PM)Dom Wrote:  I didn't say anything about getting nothing done?

OK..

But if he's praying, he's harmless...

It's when he quits with the shit that you have to worry.....

Maybe Trump can teach him golf....

Or pocket-pool.

You never know, he might actually relax.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
11-09-2017, 05:15 PM

God abandoned the likes of him long ago. He knows it and keeps calling hoping God will come back to him. God won't. He's dead to her. She hooked up with JohnnyC, someone who knows the proper way to treat God.

#sigh