prescription drugs and my ptsd

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2015, 05:54 AM
RE: prescription drugs and my ptsd
Marijuana is a plant.

It's not engineered as a medication.

Sure, it does have some good effects -- but it's got bad ones as well.

"doctor drugs" aren't perfect either.

What to do?

You can't really do "scientific experimentation" on yourself -- where's the control group??

You're only logical option is to find a doctor you trust - and take his advice. Like any other job - he's the one with the training. Almost without fail - the guy with the best training does the job the best.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2015, 06:23 AM
(09-06-2015 05:54 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Marijuana is a plant.

What to do?

You can't really do "scientific experimentation" on yourself -- where's the control group??

You're only logical option is to find a doctor you trust - and take his advice. Like any other job - he's the one with the training. Almost without fail - the guy with the best training does the job the best.

Most doctors are not trained in weed - but some are. Weed is not a cure for this type of thing, it takes the "edge" off many things. It changes the way you experience things like pain and upset. It works the same way opiates do - but without being addictive and there are strains that don't have the "zombie" effect. There are many other claims that still need clinical trials. However, with medical marijuana now being legal in several states, this is in progress and so far there are no reports of any findings that contradict claims made. Because of this legalization is progressing and it won't be long before it will be legal everywhere in the states. Commercial production by drug companies has failed - they lost too many compounds during manufacture. From what I understand the most practical and effective product now are sublingual drops.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
09-06-2015, 07:10 AM
(09-06-2015 03:49 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  So for those that don't know I've been diagnosed with ptsd since august of 2013. Since then I've been on a slew of drugs trying to figure out which combo will mellow me out. So far the answer is still unclear. In fact, everything they have put me on has not made any of my symptoms better but gives me new ones. The majority of them make me feel like a freaking zombie and I really hate it.

So Sunday me and my wife were talking and she's suggesting that maybe I should push for a medical marijuana card. She's been concerned of course and has done more research than me in trying to find something that doesn't make me a zombie. I'm wondering if anyone has had first hand experience with the comparison?

It's definitely worth a try, I don't have PTSD but I do have first hand experience in regards to pain, (bad knee and back). It does help take the edge off for sure. I know here in Arizona, it was approved recently for PTSD. Like the others have said the type of strain is going to impact what effect it has on you. I would also find a good doctor that will explain to you any potential risks and help guide you on what to do.

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
09-06-2015, 08:32 AM
(09-06-2015 06:23 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(09-06-2015 05:54 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Marijuana is a plant.

What to do?

Most doctors are not trained in weed - but some are. Weed is not a cure for this type of thing, it takes the "edge" off many things. It changes the way you experience things like pain and upset. It works the same way opiates do - but without being addictive and there are strains that don't have the "zombie" effect. There are many other claims that still need clinical trials. However, with medical marijuana now being legal in several states, this is in progress and so far there are no reports of any findings that contradict claims made. Because of this legalization is progressing and it won't be long before it will be legal everywhere in the states. Commercial production by drug companies has failed - they lost too many compounds during manufacture. From what I understand the most practical and effective product now are sublingual drops.

I dunno about "zombie effect" ---

but I smoked some shit that made it really tough just to get off the couch...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
12-06-2015, 06:46 AM
So last night I tried "it" for the first time. Within 30 minutes I could see what the fuss was about. My anxiety just went away and my anger was non existent. For the first time in two and a half years I felt like.... me.
[+] 1 user Likes MrKrispy601's post
12-06-2015, 07:01 AM
prescription drugs and my ptsd
Not that I can try it in my state, but do you know what kind it was?
12-06-2015, 07:52 AM
(12-06-2015 07:01 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  Not that I can try it in my state, but do you know what kind it was?

It was a hybird of two kinds. OG kush mixed with northern lights. It is suppose to help with relaxation specifically.
12-06-2015, 01:58 PM
(12-06-2015 07:52 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  
(12-06-2015 07:01 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  Not that I can try it in my state, but do you know what kind it was?

It was a hybird of two kinds. OG kush mixed with northern lights. It is suppose to help with relaxation specifically.

Ooo that is a good one, Indica or indica dominant strains are what tend to give the relaxation feeling. They can also make you rather sleepy.

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
12-06-2015, 02:19 PM
It's funny... my migraine meds are the same for PTSD, schizophrenia, bi-polar, and a lot of other mental diseases. So yeah, I know what you're going through.

I've had the works.

Which meds did they put you on?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
12-06-2015, 03:46 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2015 03:51 PM by Dom.)
The government just published a revised view of Marijuana:

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/dr...o.facebook

And here is a really good breakdown of strains and what they are good for:

http://www.marijuana.com/community/threa...gh.303173/

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post