problem of evil and suffering

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2015, 04:32 PM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2015 04:38 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: problem of evil and suffering
(25-07-2015 05:50 PM)Alla Wrote:  More correctly to say "God gives to all people moral agency" instead of "free will".
Moral agency gives all children of God an opportunity to choose between good and evil.

That's actually pretty insightful Alla and it gets around the whole free will business which it appears more and more likely that free will is not at all what we think it is. That entire post was good. Thumbsup

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-07-2015, 04:40 PM
(30-07-2015 09:46 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Let's start with our common ground. We both believe in (some) absolute truth and in (some) absolute morals, yes?

No. Wait there is one absolute I can think of. You are an absolute idiot.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
31-07-2015, 05:12 PM
(31-07-2015 04:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(25-07-2015 05:50 PM)Alla Wrote:  More correctly to say "God gives to all people moral agency" instead of "free will".
Moral agency gives all children of God an opportunity to choose between good and evil.

That's actually pretty insightful Alla and it gets around the whole free will business which it appears more and more likely that free will is not at all what we think it is. That entire post was good. Thumbsup

It was probably an accident. Either that or she doesn't mean the same thing you do when she uses the terms.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
31-07-2015, 08:16 PM
(31-07-2015 12:35 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(30-07-2015 03:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  Why, how unusual - you entirely missed the point. Facepalm

The problem is your arrogant and delusional claim of being sent by God to preach.

I missed a point? It was you who must have missed this sentence:

Quote:For example, were you aware that Y… H… V… H… appears every 53 characters through the Torah to its middle, where every 53rd character becomes H… V… H… Y… until the end?!

Since I was very clearly responding to an entirely different post, what the fuck are you on about? Facepalm

Quote:However, I did not miss your point. I simply chose the high road of not addressing the obvious fact, if there is a theistic god any preacher could be preaching truth.

And that also has nothing to do with my post.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
03-08-2015, 01:46 PM
(31-07-2015 08:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 12:35 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I missed a point? It was you who must have missed this sentence:

Since I was very clearly responding to an entirely different post, what the fuck are you on about? Facepalm

Quote:However, I did not miss your point. I simply chose the high road of not addressing the obvious fact, if there is a theistic god any preacher could be preaching truth.

I was "on" about the fact that you've read multiple times now strong evidence against JDEP theory and strong evidence for a higher mind overseeing the composition of the Torah.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
03-08-2015, 05:57 PM
(03-08-2015 01:46 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(31-07-2015 08:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  Since I was very clearly responding to an entirely different post, what the fuck are you on about? Facepalm

I was "on" about the fact that you've read multiple times now strong evidence against JDEP theory and strong evidence for a higher mind overseeing the composition of the Torah.

What? I have engaged in no such discussion. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
04-08-2015, 09:24 AM
(03-08-2015 05:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-08-2015 01:46 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I was "on" about the fact that you've read multiple times now strong evidence against JDEP theory and strong evidence for a higher mind overseeing the composition of the Torah.

What? I have engaged in no such discussion. Facepalm

So, you have no feelings or theories about the extraordinary design of the Torah, with a huge palindrome embedded in the Hebrew, a sort of ultimate chiasmus in the text?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
04-08-2015, 06:11 PM
you should definitly check this vid out

[+] 1 user Likes nintendo2190's post
04-08-2015, 06:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3by9FoEFB
04-08-2015, 11:47 PM
So, Q is still being a stupid preachy cunt.

Good to see some things don't change around here.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]