problem of evil and suffering

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-08-2015, 06:54 PM
RE: problem of evil and suffering
(04-08-2015 09:24 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(03-08-2015 05:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  What? I have engaged in no such discussion. Facepalm

So, you have no feelings or theories about the extraordinary design of the Torah, with a huge palindrome embedded in the Hebrew, a sort of ultimate chiasmus in the text?

Why do you think I have been discussing this? Hint: I haven't.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2015, 08:39 PM
(04-08-2015 09:24 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(03-08-2015 05:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  What? I have engaged in no such discussion. Facepalm

So, you have no feelings or theories about the extraordinary design of the Torah, with a huge palindrome embedded in the Hebrew, a sort of ultimate chiasmus in the text?

Funny as hell!

You badger a poor person with nonsense they never discussed over a series of posts:
Q. So blah blah blah because blah?

Poor sod: Who said anything about Blah?"

Q: So you agree with my blah blah blah?"

Poor sod: I already said I never mentioned blah!"

Q: So you do not deny blah exists and that it is extraordinary?"

Poor sod: At no point is Blah applicable to my posts!"

Q Ah ha! So you do not deny my blah blah blah. Victory to my BLAH!"

Meanwhile all the sensible people are thinking "This Q guy is clearly insane, or, is simply here to troll."

Either way Q it really is quite pathetic.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
06-08-2015, 09:58 AM
(05-08-2015 08:39 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(04-08-2015 09:24 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  So, you have no feelings or theories about the extraordinary design of the Torah, with a huge palindrome embedded in the Hebrew, a sort of ultimate chiasmus in the text?

Funny as hell!

You badger a poor person with nonsense they never discussed over a series of posts:

Meanwhile all the sensible people are thinking "This Q guy is clearly insane, or, is simply here to troll."

So you read all my posts and you have nothing to say about these actual, verifiable, testable, falsifiable code patterns in the Torah? You could look at a Hebrew Bible today and see if I'm lying or deceived.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
06-08-2015, 01:02 PM
(06-08-2015 09:58 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(05-08-2015 08:39 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Funny as hell!

So you read all my posts and you have nothing to say about these actual, verifiable, testable, falsifiable code patterns in the Torah? You could look at a Hebrew Bible today and see if I'm lying or deceived.

Actual, verifiable, testable, falsifiable code patterns in the Torah?

Debunked.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
07-08-2015, 12:19 PM
(06-08-2015 01:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 09:58 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  So you read all my posts and you have nothing to say about these actual, verifiable, testable, falsifiable code patterns in the Torah? You could look at a Hebrew Bible today and see if I'm lying or deceived.

Actual, verifiable, testable, falsifiable code patterns in the Torah?

Debunked.

Chas,

The sole reference to the Torah at that page is this:

"Equidistant Letter Sequences in the Torah and Qur'an

A popular method in this field is to look for hidden words by considering the text as a long string of characters and taking characters at equal spacing. This is called an equidistant letter sequence (ELS). By searching for known names and dates, biographic details of several rabbis was supposedly found in the Hebrew Torah and published in the journal Statistical Science as a "challenging puzzle" in 1994. [1] The specific patterns were found using computers to sift the text for specific words and variants that were previously defined by the experimenters. The researchers compared their technique to a Hebrew translation of War and Peace and allegedly did not find similar patterns. Many words and sentences can be found using this technique and it is not a reliable method of foretelling the future. The original 1994 paper was heavily criticised by later researchers who consider the paper to be a hoax [2] but this has been denied by the original authors.

The ELS method has also been applied to the Qur'an with questionable results. [3]"

I'm referring to a pattern within that contraindicates JDEP teams of competing redactors, namely that every 53rd letter in the Torah beginning with the 1st letter repeats the pattern Y... H... V... H... and forms a palindrome, going H... V... H... Y... to the end of the Torah, an extraordinary, significant pattern... which you can test.

I did not test this for the whole Torah but I started to do so and found verification that this is no urban legend.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
07-08-2015, 12:24 PM
(07-08-2015 12:19 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(06-08-2015 01:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  Actual, verifiable, testable, falsifiable code patterns in the Torah?

Debunked.

Chas,

A popular method in this field is to look for hidden words by considering the text as a long string of characters and taking characters at equal spacing. This is called an equidistant letter sequence (ELS). By searching for known names and dates, biographic details of several rabbis was supposedly found in the Hebrew Torah and published in the journal Statistical Science as a "challenging puzzle" in 1994. [1] The specific patterns were found using computers to sift the text for specific words and variants that were previously defined by the experimenters. The researchers compared their technique to a Hebrew translation of War and Peace and allegedly did not find similar patterns. Many words and sentences can be found using this technique and it is not a reliable method of foretelling the future. The original 1994 paper was heavily criticised by later researchers who consider the paper to be a hoax [2] but this has been denied by the original authors.

The ELS method has also been applied to the Qur'an with questionable results. [3]"

I'm referring to a pattern within that contraindicates JDEP teams of competing redactors, namely that every 53rd letter in the Torah beginning with the 1st letter repeats the pattern Y... H... V... H... and forms a palindrome, going H... V... H... Y... to the end of the Torah, an extraordinary, significant pattern... which you can test.

I did not test this for the whole Torah but I started to do so and found verification that this is no urban legend.

Where did you find an original Hebrew manuscript of the Torah from well over 2000 years ago? Biblical scholars all over the world would love to see it.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
17-08-2015, 12:41 PM
(07-08-2015 12:24 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 12:19 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Chas,

Where did you find an original Hebrew manuscript of the Torah from well over 2000 years ago? Biblical scholars all over the world would love to see it.

Your objection is illogical based on the argument thus far--atheists here at TTA say the Torah was redacted by teams of writers into its present, available form.

17-08-2015, 12:58 PM
(17-08-2015 12:41 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 12:24 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Where did you find an original Hebrew manuscript of the Torah from well over 2000 years ago? Biblical scholars all over the world would love to see it.

Your objection is illogical based on the argument thus far--atheists here at TTA say the Torah was redacted by teams of writers into its present, available form.

No, it was redacted into a manuscript (no longer available today) that was then copied and recopied and recopied numerous times ... and it is an inescapable fact that errors occur every time something is copied. None of the original manuscripts exist today. Anything you might be looking at is at best a corrupted copy. If such a pattern existed in the original manuscript (and if not, your whole argument falls apart), there is no way it would still exist in modern corrupted copies. The whole thing is just silly. This is so obvious that I wasn't really expecting to have to explain it.

Also, assuming that this is a real "pattern" and not just a coincidental artifact, it could just as well have been put in there by the human authors and/or redactors and/or copyists as by "God".
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
17-08-2015, 12:59 PM
(07-08-2015 12:19 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'm referring to a pattern within that contraindicates JDEP teams of competing redactors, namely that every 53rd letter in the Torah beginning with the 1st letter repeats the pattern Y... H... V... H... and forms a palindrome, going H... V... H... Y... to the end of the Torah, an extraordinary, significant pattern... which you can test.

Let us assume, for the sake of argument, that this is true.

So what?

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
18-08-2015, 08:51 AM
(17-08-2015 12:59 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(07-08-2015 12:19 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'm referring to a pattern within that contraindicates JDEP teams of competing redactors, namely that every 53rd letter in the Torah beginning with the 1st letter repeats the pattern Y... H... V... H... and forms a palindrome, going H... V... H... Y... to the end of the Torah, an extraordinary, significant pattern... which you can test.

Let us assume, for the sake of argument, that this is true.

So what?

1. Then the Torah wasn't a mishmash of competing teams of redactors with different agendas but hails from a more univocal source. JDEP theory is shown to be false.

2. Then the Torah's construction is set far above random words--it would take skilled scholars working many months, even years, to try to embed this code.