problem of evil and suffering

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2015, 12:09 PM
RE: problem of evil and suffering
(09-09-2015 12:03 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I didn't say those who believe, believe.

No, but it's what it comes down to.

"Open your heart to God" is meaningless. It is indistinguishable from "you just have to believe and then you will believe".

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2015, 12:46 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2015 12:52 PM by Grasshopper.)
RE: problem of evil and suffering
(04-09-2015 01:21 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 10:45 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Yawn. You have yet to provide a single example of any "archaeology" that verifies any Biblical prophecy. Your claims to do so have all been thoroughly refuted.

There is, however, MUCH archaeology and history verifying that the NT and OT writers were contemporaneous to their periods.

Bullshit. You have made this claim before, and it simply isn't true. If something is thought to have been written in 70 AD, for example, and it includes details about things that didn't exist until 150 AD, that is a pretty good indication that the item in question was written later than is thought.

However, it does not work in the other direction. It is perfectly plausible for me to write something with accurate details about the past, because we have history, archaeology, and physical evidence of that past. There are still buildings in existence that are hundreds or even thousands of years old, and I can go look at them and write about them. This does not prove that I'm hundreds or thousands of years old. Please stop claiming that it does.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply