problem of evil and suffering

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2015, 11:08 AM
RE: problem of evil and suffering
At work.

Um..... if it's not 'blood magic' why does the preist go through the whole speech of 'This is my boddy...' 'This is my blood..' ?

Why not say something more along the lines of feeding a mutitude from loaves and fishes?

Seems a bit weird, is all...

Much cheers to all
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2015, 11:31 AM
(14-07-2015 10:58 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  He took responsibility for His sin on the cross.

Fixed.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-07-2015, 11:47 AM
(14-07-2015 11:08 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Um..... if it's not 'blood magic' why does the preist go through the whole speech of 'This is my boddy...' 'This is my blood..' ?

Why not say something more along the lines of feeding a mutitude from loaves and fishes?

Much cheers to all

Umm... That's mostly a Catholic thing. I'm guessing they don't do that in Q's church.
14-07-2015, 11:52 AM
(14-07-2015 11:47 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  

Much cheers to all

Umm... That's mostly a Catholic thing. I'm guessing they don't do that in Q's church.

So if Q isn't Catholic. ........... can we start the whole "No true Scott's man" thing? Tongue

Much cheers to all
14-07-2015, 12:00 PM
The Christian notion that we cause our own suffering is, without a doubt, the sickest aspect of this insane, abusive religion. The whole Christian scenario, the whole fucked up story doesn't work without an enormous quantity of stifling guilt. And, mind you, this is a relationship with an unproven, imaginary deity. I mean, what the fuckin hell?!

It's a masochistic /sadistic relationship with a storybook written deity and anyone who buys into this shit is mentally fucked up.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
14-07-2015, 12:03 PM

Much cheers to all

It's like this ritual, except with a human instead of a bull:

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
14-07-2015, 12:20 PM
(14-07-2015 11:52 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(14-07-2015 11:47 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Umm... That's mostly a Catholic thing. I'm guessing they don't do that in Q's church.

So if Q isn't Catholic. ........... can we start the whole "No true Scott's man" thing? Tongue

Much cheers to all

Been there, done that. "Q" is a True Christian™ because he's "born again". In his mind, Catholics are definitely not True Christians™.
14-07-2015, 12:34 PM
(14-07-2015 12:20 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(14-07-2015 11:52 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  So if Q isn't Catholic. ........... can we start the whole "No true Scott's man" thing? Tongue

Much cheers to all

Been there, done that. "Q" is a True Christian™ because he's "born again". In his mind, Catholics are definitely not True Christians™.

Riiiight.... even though the Catholics and the Coptics and the Greek Orthodox all pre-date those protestant splitters........

Much cheers to all
14-07-2015, 12:59 PM
(13-07-2015 01:34 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  And here's kind of another place where TTA members make no sense to my way of thinking. By staunchly rejecting substitutionary atonement from Jesus Christ (or anyone) and insisting MEN SHOULD PAY FOR THEIR OWN MORAL CRIMES while extolling the atheist authors who trumpet God is unjust when he punishes, they are utterly self-contradictory.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but this is the facts of the case. Atheists, be CONSISTENT. Please!

Atheists NEVER say "god is unjust" ----

we say he's a figment of your imagination and nothing more...

Quit making shit up....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
14-07-2015, 03:36 PM
(14-07-2015 12:59 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(13-07-2015 01:34 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  And here's kind of another place where TTA members make no sense to my way of thinking. By staunchly rejecting substitutionary atonement from Jesus Christ (or anyone) and insisting MEN SHOULD PAY FOR THEIR OWN MORAL CRIMES while extolling the atheist authors who trumpet God is unjust when he punishes, they are utterly self-contradictory.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but this is the facts of the case. Atheists, be CONSISTENT. Please!

Atheists NEVER say "god is unjust" ----

we say he's a figment of your imagination and nothing more...

Quit making shit up....

Well to be very technical, we say God is unjust in the same way that we say that Lord Voldemort is a serial killer. They don't exist, but they can still be describe according to their fictional traits. After all, that’s how we determine who’s the bad guy and the good guy in a movie.
[+] 3 users Like epronovost's post