proof of psychic energies?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2012, 03:30 PM
RE: proof of psychic energies?
(26-02-2012 03:07 PM)Leela Wrote:  i saw this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZM3t9JpG...re=related
please watch it and help me get over what I just saw? (it is 9 minutes long)

I tried to stay skeptical and was like "yeah magnets, setup..." but they tested him well and they tried stuff away from his place and it still worked? How the fuck did he light the little bulb? why are people getting shocks from his hands or belly???

His shoes!!! Ta Da! I'm going to go look for the video that debunks that fraud, wish me luck. The soles of his shoes carry charged batterys with a small metal plate to his instep; its harmless to him because he's the ground but anyone he touches gets zapped. For twice the power he puts his heels together[ala Dorthy], the table he uses may have battery sources in the legs, it would juice up his zapping without affecting him. Ask him to do the same trick without his shoes.
Catching the pellet from the airgun is an old magicians trick, Penn & Teller use a real gun with real bullets in their act, but it is just a trick.
The chopstick through the table is an ancient magic trick, remember the narrator said it was "His useual restaurant", he probably does the same trick 5 nights a week at the same table, he was embarrassed because he nearly blew the trick in front of a video camera, there was a hole precut just below the formica, when he couldn't locate it from the top he had to use the hole and come up through the hole in the bottom.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2012, 03:32 PM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2012 03:41 PM by Luminon.)
The first thing I had read, lighting a light bulb? Hey, I might be an energy healer and I can "zap" people with energy, but I also have an electrotechnic high school. If I remember, when you put high frequency electric current into your body, it just passes through and you can light a lightbulb in your hand. I suppose that's how Mr Tesla survived his lightning shows.
This is why I went over the subtle energy and orgonomy research and tried to show some real scientists doing laboratory experiments and publishing them. I'm still not sure why exactly it didn't work, except maybe that skeptics are only people too and will always prefer a widespread evidence over something not widespread.

In my time I actually did experiments with turning psi-wheel. I covered my mouth and nose, so it couldn't be turned by air current. It worked, I could turn it in a desired direction or stop when I wanted. But it was slow, tiring and on some days it didn't work. Too much work to bother, I suppose. There is this guy on Youtube can do it thousand times better and if that's a trick, I don't know how he did it.

Btw, I'd love to have my migraines also permanently cured. They're caused by psychic energy, getting stuck in the meridians after their related organs get strained, I suppose. It gives a wonderfully localized headache, in form of a line of pain, with sticking out points of pain for the acupuncture points. I feel like an acupuncture diagram in bad mood. Usually it's the gall bladder meridian after I eat something fried, but a couple of days ago I was hungover after a school ball and then the bladder meridian gave me hell. Don't tell me about placebo effect, when I didn't know where these meridians are and googled them up only after they started to hurt. In my place you guys would be believers in psychic energy in no time.

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post
27-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Great video luminon.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
25-09-2013, 02:19 PM
(26-02-2012 04:50 PM)bemore Wrote:  I would say to people to go and experience Reiki healing......that is basicly using the bodys energy......its real.

Im using my "faith" and saying that the guy is real from what I have experienced myself first hand.

Just wanted to say: LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE! that's funny! Thumbsup

"In both religion and science, some people are dishonest, exploitative, incompetent and exhibit other human failings." Rupert Sheldrake

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived & dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic." John F Kennedy
25-09-2013, 02:38 PM
(26-02-2012 05:06 PM)bemore Wrote:  I have my thoughts on the matter.....if people think he is a fraud (which at the end of the day who knows, he could be) then you must realise that in thinking its bull that you acknowledge that the TV program and Sky three are showing bullshit to people and saying it is real.

(nothing new there then) Cool

The guy's name is John Chang.
He is a self-made millionaire, from a shrimp/prawn farm in Java. He has ZERO need for James Randi's offer, nor the applause of "deep" Westerner's. He was accidentally discovered by the producers of the geological documentary 'Ring of Fire' (as in the "Pacific ring of fire"). He wasn't seeking notice. They stumbled into him.

It's the same thing as electric eels. Its not "magic" or "unexplainable"... it's just rare application of often misunderstood bio science. I have studied him a fair bit and spoke with some of the researchers who were there the day that piece was filmed. He is most certainly legit. But, the problems come when people start thinking it's mystical or magical or some BS like that. It's simply science that the West is just now beginning to understand... like most science was developed: experiences, in which thinking people sought to understand until eventually they did... and then explained it to the rest of the world afterwards. Louie Pasture was thought of as a nut for a while too for speaking of the "unseen realms" of organisms. In time, this too will be understood and then accepted as common knowledge. Until then, many among us, as is always the case, will buck and kick and scream "fraud". Although to be fair there is an obscene amount of total BS on the Web these days about such topics - and, it's usually the nut-cases who cannot grasp critical thinking who post this stuff, unfortunately.

And, for those who might want to discount me personally, I have spent many years studying film, special effects, and illusionists. I also, am a practitioner of things that many in the West do not yet "get" - and my door is open for demonstrations of energy healing. No lies or ignorance here on this topic - just openness.

"In both religion and science, some people are dishonest, exploitative, incompetent and exhibit other human failings." Rupert Sheldrake

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived & dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic." John F Kennedy
25-09-2013, 02:40 PM
I don't really think that the energies are real, but the connections between twins can get a little over top. I know one set that always now where the other is. It's liek they're physic. However that's about as much as I can say about this

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
25-09-2013, 02:50 PM
(25-09-2013 02:38 PM)LaFeske Wrote:  And, for those who might want to discount me personally, I have spent many years studying film, special effects, and illusionists. I also, am a practitioner of things that many in the West do not yet "get" - and my door is open for demonstrations of energy healing. No lies or ignorance here on this topic - just openness.

Write it up, submit it for review, show people some experimental results, get published, then you're doing science. Making claims on a forum is easy. If there is genuine substance here then a lot of people will be very interested.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
25-09-2013, 03:00 PM
But morondog the only real way to have an opinion is to plaster it all over the internet. The more people who agree with me the more correct I must be. (yes I know what fallacy that is)

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
[+] 1 user Likes Xinoftruden's post
25-09-2013, 03:10 PM
(25-09-2013 02:50 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(25-09-2013 02:38 PM)LaFeske Wrote:  And, for those who might want to discount me personally, I have spent many years studying film, special effects, and illusionists. I also, am a practitioner of things that many in the West do not yet "get" - and my door is open for demonstrations of energy healing. No lies or ignorance here on this topic - just openness.

Write it up, submit it for review, show people some experimental results, get published, then you're doing science. Making claims on a forum is easy. If there is genuine substance here then a lot of people will be very interested.

Thank you for the suggestion.
What would I do to get started doing all that?
Would it take a lot of time? (I have a very full life already)

Also, there's got to be someone on this site that lives in NY or near me. I live in the Kingston area. It's just 90 miles from NY city. I would be very happy to meet with someone if it would help others grow in knowledge in some way.

Again, thanks. Smile

25-09-2013, 03:13 PM
It seems most people promoting energies and auras and whatnot don't understand what the opposition is all about. It's not that we (as in people who aren't superstitious) believe everything outside mainstream science is wrong, it's that we don't believe in things with zero evidence for them. Psychic powers, auras, and energy forces have zero evidence going for them.

If you want to argue the case for them, let's see some evidence. If we can get a proper scientific test that shows us there is some merit in the idea, then great! Revolutionary! But that has yet to happen. It's always some anecdotal account or a YouTube video. If there really is some kind of force that people can control at will, then there is nothing stopping the practitioners from demonstration in a controlled environment. You'd think someone somewhere in the world who can harness these amazing powers would live in a country where there are such things as scientists and high resolution video cameras.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Elesjei's post