proof read my Exit Letter Please?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2011, 10:39 PM
proof read my Exit Letter Please?
I want to have my name removed from the MORmONs Church records, I just need it proof read first(I kinda don't have any one here to do it). Be critical on all mistakes please. (i was never a good writter...)

Quote:My personal mailing information, name

The date I will send this

Member Records
50 E North Temple, Room 1372
Salt Lake City, UT 84150-5310
United States

I,( my full name), born (on a day) am writing this letter as a formal resignation of my membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and it is effective immediately. I hereby withdraw my consent to being treated as a member and I withdraw my consent to being subject to church rules, policies, beliefs and 'discipline'. As I am no longer a member, I want my name permanently and completely removed from the membership rolls of the church.

My resignation is effective as of the date of this Letter without regard to any internal LDS Church procedures that the LDS Church may require you to follow in order to formally “remove my name” from the LDS Church’s records. My resignation should be processed immediately, without any 'waiting periods'. I am not going to be dissuaded and I am not going to change my mind.

I acknowledge and understand the fact that my resignation, according to church doctrine cancels the effects of my baptism, confirmation, all blessings, promises, and covenants. I also understand that I will be readmitted to the church by baptism only after a thorough interview.

I have of my own will decided to leave the Church for intellectual reasons which have nothing to do with church members or any ‘sin’. I have reflected upon my decision greatly and I can no longer continue to practice something that is demonstrable false and that I do not believe in. The contradiction, inaccurate historical claims, misleading interpretation, prejudice doctrine, and insufficient proof are more than adequate reasons to withdraw my support for an organization claiming to be the one and only truth. Intellectual honesty and truth are more important to me then a comfortable familiar lie.

The Church and its members have influenced my life immensely and I am grateful that I have had the opportunity to meet some wonderful human beings and experience many joys with them. I hold no malice for the members of the Church and hope they live happy lives.

Regards,

Signature

Name
Thank you!

Google is one of my best friends Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes seljusisk.'s post
25-10-2011, 11:47 PM (This post was last modified: 26-10-2011 11:09 PM by kim.)
RE: proof read my Exit Letter Please?
use which may be required to follow to formally remove ... instead of may require you to follow in order to formally remove...

remove the word any from ...without any 'waiting periods'.... without 'waiting periods'.

use will not be instead of 'am not going to' be.... I will not be dissuaded

use will not change... instead of 'am not going to' change my mind. ... and I will not change my mind.

use can instead of 'will' ... understand that I can be readmitted to the church by...

use demonstrably instead of 'demonstrable' ... something demonstrably false...

The contradiction ... needs an "s"... contradictions

use than instead of 'then' ... more important to me than a comfortable familiar lie.

The rest seems ok... others might need to check further... more eyes are better. A coma here or there could be added but - I'd keep it competent and true to your speaking rhythm.

Shy Big step.
Let's hope they honor your request and they don't send someone around to talk you back. Exclamation
We'll be here... waiting to hear how they take it. Heart

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
26-10-2011, 12:10 AM (This post was last modified: 26-10-2011 12:15 AM by seljusisk..)
thank you so much! That is incredible helpful! I think I'm going to fix it one last time and I'm sending it this Sunday. Again, THANK YOU!
wow, theres a lot of little things i missed. THANK YOU!

26-10-2011, 10:53 PM
Nothing to add except for good luck and good for you! Smile
26-10-2011, 10:58 PM
Thank you!