psychics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2011, 03:04 PM
RE: psychics
Psychic power is just made up crap. It's a huge scam. I've fooled these nut jobs easily. Just keep a straight face. Give them no information except for the question you want to know and they are stuck lol.

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Clint Barnett's post
07-12-2011, 05:50 AM
Zat, you were saying about a mind reader, yet there was no MIND reading in your story. The psychic in your story can predict the future, not read minds. It explains things nicely, just not about mind reading. Now, finally, this can come in handy, if you haven't already read it...

http://thethinkingatheist.com/forum/Thre...new-energy

At the moment we have ZERO evidence, real, hard, documented, scientific evidence to support psychic abilities, so they are still in the "Pseudoscience" section and then the whole article applies to them.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
15-12-2011, 09:53 AM
Ok this is about being psychic. And that, if you believe in it, is more than mind reading. Mind reading is one part. Just to name the main other parts of it:
Feeling spirits around you, feeling other peoples' emotions, there is a kind of battling in these circles which only works with channeling energies with your mind, there is the part where you move objects, heal with thoughts only.

I used to believe in all of the above for a very long time:
In my circles everyone believed in it and a few claimed they could read minds.

When someone told you something you just thought of> he read your mind.
When someone said just the right thing to you to feel better > he read your mind.
If you had a sudden headache > someone battled you
If something moved and you didn't see the source > telekinesis
If you had bad luck with something > Someone who doesn't like you was to be blamed to cause the bad luck
If you froze when noone else did > it was a spirit trying to get in touch with you
etc etc

So when I first met people who believed in such things like I did back then, it was really weird.
I didn't want people to read my mind or "attack" me with their minds. So I learned cool techniques to protect myself and hit back.
And got delusional enough to actually think this all works fine. And people started reacting to me like I really know these things well and noone could read my mind anymore.

But let's face it. All you need to be a "psychic" is:
> Be really good in reading body language
> Be really good in reading facial expressions
> Know how your behavior, speech, body language, facial expressions, outfit, etc influences people

So in my case, once I started thinking and questioning my beliefs, and the psychic topic was part of it, I was done with it pretty fast.

So long story short > It's all bogus

cheers
Leela

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 7 users Like Leela's post
15-12-2011, 10:00 AM
(15-12-2011 09:53 AM)Leela Wrote:  And people started reacting to me like I really know these things well and noone could read my mind anymore.

But let's face it. All you need to be a "psychic" is:
> Be really good in reading body language
> Be really good in reading facial expressions
> Know how your behavior, speech, body language, facial expressions, outfit, etc influences people

So in my case, once I started thinking and questioning my beliefs, and the psychic topic was part of it, I was done with it pretty fast.

So long story short > It's all bogus

cheers
Leela

Leela, maybe you shouldn't be so fast to give up the techniques you've learned. Think of the money you could be making by bilking all those believing sheeple! If you don't want the money for yourself, then you could give it away to advance the Atheist Agenda! Seasbury and I are working on using the Televangelist angle, and you can go the "Psychic" route. We'll all be rich, I tell ya! Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
15-12-2011, 10:12 AM

I think that people who claim to be psychics are full-of-shit.
Yeah. I can scare the shit out of you too, by telling you horrible things that may or may not happen.
But, I can also get your hopes up by telling you amazing things that, again, may or may not happen. And when those "good things" don't happen, you're going to come running back, asking "What the fuck happened?"
I say stay away from them, not because the Bible says they're wrong, but because they are like crack. If they tell you that they see good in your future, and something good happens, you're going to go back hoping that something else good will happen.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes insidemyownmind's post
15-12-2011, 10:20 AM
(04-12-2011 08:05 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I'm not gonna lie, I opened this thread and was surprised to find it about psychics, because I thought it was going to be about physics.

I misread the title too.

I think it's all false misunderstandings. Just reading body languages and expressions. But, in all seriousness, it's not being able to step into someone's mind and tell their future, and recognize instantly exactly what they're thinking. Feelings, probably, because that can be identified by bogy language and expressions-- like getting vibes from people. I get vibes from people. Everyone does. That's just a common reaction. But psychics that claim to know every notch to detail- well, that just sounds a bit crazy.
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
15-12-2011, 10:32 AM
(15-12-2011 10:00 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Leela, maybe you shouldn't be so fast to give up the techniques you've learned. Think of the money you could be making by bilking all those believing sheeple! If you don't want the money for yourself, then you could give it away to advance the Atheist Agenda! Seasbury and I are working on using the Televangelist angle, and you can go the "Psychic" route. We'll all be rich, I tell ya! Big Grin
If it wouldn't be so immoral I would totally do that hah Big Grin Getting rich by talking crap, generally tempting idea Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like Leela's post
15-12-2011, 10:39 AM (This post was last modified: 15-12-2011 10:44 AM by Erxomai.)
(15-12-2011 10:32 AM)Leela Wrote:  
(15-12-2011 10:00 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Leela, maybe you shouldn't be so fast to give up the techniques you've learned. Think of the money you could be making by bilking all those believing sheeple! If you don't want the money for yourself, then you could give it away to advance the Atheist Agenda! Seasbury and I are working on using the Televangelist angle, and you can go the "Psychic" route. We'll all be rich, I tell ya! Big Grin
If it wouldn't be so immoral I would totally do that hah Big Grin Getting rich by talking crap, generally tempting idea Big Grin

Ah, but see, that's the beauty. We now can decide for ourselves what is moral and what isn't. If the sheeple are going to give away their money so easily, the least we can do is route that money away from Churches and other spiritual whackos. I think we'd be doing the world a service!

Where is that "Ironic emoticon" that Chas proposed?
This kids is a good example of poetic irony:

Quote: lucradis wrote:
I'm not gonna lie, I opened this thread and was surprised to find it about psychics, because I thought it was going to be about physics.
[/quote]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
19-12-2011, 10:24 PM
Zero evidence. If these "psychics" believe what they say, they should put themselves up to scientific tests (when they do they never score above average ie random guess work). These people are either lying or mentally ill i cant see another explaination.
20-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Ask a psychic to attend a test of their abilities.
Either they fail or they tell you that they do not have to prove anything and that it doesn't work under pressure anyway. At least that are the excuses I heard and used myself back in my witchy times...

[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post