psychics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2012, 10:20 AM
RE: psychics
(30-12-2011 06:01 PM)Leela Wrote:  @bemore:
Would you like to share the "some things"?

btw, nothing against your sister, I think she might do it a bit like I did back then. I thought I was doing this for real and most of the times I did really well (I mentioned that before). Now when looking back, I can explain how I picked up every little detail and how exactly I made everything fit the cards. Though back then I did not see it as a movie but the facts about the person kinda hit me.
And I, too, saw and felt and experienced a lot of stuff that I thought noone can explain. And by now I can explain these, too.

I did actually try to answer this the other day......I wrote quite a long post and then by accident pressed the back button on my browser and lost it all Confused time to write it all over again Cool

Here are the "some things" that still leave me wondering.........maybe together we can all try to bring some rationality to them.

When my sister does psychometric readings she holds the object for a while, she describes it as getting feelings,emotions and sometimes still or moving images. The logical side of my me can see this as pure imagination on my sisters part. It would be foolish of me to rule that out. She doesnt "lead" with questioning and insists that nothing is given away that could let her know anything.......as she likes to test herself properly.

My sister states what she sees and what she feels to the person.........they either take it or they dont........what she says is quite specific and not "hazily open" like horoscope readings for example. There has been a few occasions where people have said they dont know what she is on about.........but there have been a few occasions where she has got these specific things spot on. Because I have mentioned the reading she gave my Ex I will use parts of that as an example as the other occasions (where she seems to be correct) are all pretty similiar.

The basic points of the readings were this.

Her gran owned a bag.......to which my sister described the detail of.

(logically a lot of people....especially women own bags....to describe the bag would be a bit more tricky though)

She took the bag everywhere and it seemed to contain "everything"

(logically a lot of women take there bags everywhere with them and have a lot of things in them)

She used to smoke a lot and when she was outside smoking she allways used to crouch which made people laugh.

(again logically a lot of people smoke......but the odds of describing that particular trait of crouching seem a bit higher,although not impossible)

There was an event where a family member (my sister stated which one....I cant remember which one though) walked in on lauras gran when she was on the toilet and it caused a big ruckus. From then on there was a family joke whenever somebody announced that they were going to the toilet. Laura knew nothing about this part until she rang her mum who confirmed the story.

My sister had only met Laura once before briefly and to our knowledge they never spoke of her gran. Now logically I cannot rule out the possibiilty that they did have a conversation that nobody remembered and subconciously my sister had recounted it on the occasion of the reading.......what puzzles me on that factor though is the toilet joke part....which laura didnt know about so if said convo did happen.....she wouldnt of been able to implant any memories of that for my sis to recall???

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
01-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Well, I don't have enough details of course. I would like to see how your sister does it but I know I can't so right now, I can only assume, sorry.

So about the bag, smoking and crouching, as you said yourself that fits for lots of old women.
About the joke, doesn't every family have a running gag like that? And in every family, at least as far as I know, you will walk into the toilet while someone is using it sooner or later. So this could have been an unconsious wild guess and this time it was on point.

As I said it's just guess work for the lack of details. But that could be a rational explanation.

(third try to post this)

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Do you still read Tarot? I grew up being brainwashed that it was evil and never to toy with it. But now I'm curious what The Cards would say? Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
01-01-2012, 01:23 PM
(01-01-2012 01:18 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Do you still read Tarot? I grew up being brainwashed that it was evil and never to toy with it. But now I'm curious what The Cards would say? Big Grin

About the same as your horoscope, I'd guess.Cool

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
01-01-2012, 01:24 PM
(01-01-2012 01:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-01-2012 01:18 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Do you still read Tarot? I grew up being brainwashed that it was evil and never to toy with it. But now I'm curious what The Cards would say? Big Grin

About the same as your horoscope, I'd guess.Cool

Except I never seen a horoscope that said you could die and cool devilry stuff like that!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
01-01-2012, 01:29 PM

I don't have my card anymore (at least they are not here in Ireland with me) but I would love to do some fun readings if I had them here Big Grin

01-01-2012, 01:41 PM
(01-01-2012 01:29 PM)Leela Wrote:  

I don't have my card anymore (at least they are not here in Ireland with me) but I would love to do some fun readings if I had them here Big Grin

It seems similar to me leaving all of my Bibles in a storage unit in California, only I wouldn't love to do some fun bible studies! Tongue

~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
01-01-2012, 02:07 PM
lol Tarot doesn't mean anything to me anymore. I can still lay it as I know how just like you may still be able to say some prayers by heart Wink
But Tarot by now is only a party gag for me Wink

btw about the "never toy with it"
I had that brainwash, too. With the reason, that it is true and might give you details that you shouldn't know yet or details that are dangerous or too scary for you. But of course always keeping this statement very vague and the only example was the death of someone or yourself.

01-01-2012, 02:45 PM
(01-01-2012 02:07 PM)Leela Wrote:  btw about the "never toy with it"
I had that brainwash, too. With the reason, that it is true and might give you details that you shouldn't know yet or details that are dangerous or too scary for you. But of course always keeping this statement very vague and the only example was the death of someone or yourself.

I was taught there were only two options. That sort of activity was either a fraud or if it was real, the cause was demonic. Any sort of toying with horoscopes, tarot, Ouija boards, etc etc, was leaving a door open for satan to get a hold of you and either try to possess you, or worse, make you lose your faith and become an atheist!

There is a palm reader shop on a street where I sometimes take walks. The first few times I passed by, I felt a visceral shiver alerting me like Spidey Sense that evil lurked behind those doors and dark curtains. Then I facepalmed myself and laughed at how stupid my initial gut feeling was.

~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post