qu'ran vs science

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2012, 03:42 PM
RE: qu'ran vs science
Quote: “You will see the mountains you reckoned to be solid going past like cloudsthe handwork of Allah Who gives to everything its solidity. He is aware of what you do.” (Surat an-Naml, 88)

They claim this quote has something to do with atoms and electrons. hmmm i don't see it.

We used to have a (now banned) member here who used to makes these kind of claims. If you'd believe him you'd think slam discovered everything ever all science everything.

Just like him that site seems to have a fair few wild interpretations of stuff the verses are clearly not about.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2012, 03:29 AM
Quran vs Science really?
That's like care bares vs newton.

And by the way. I just realized carebares and god live in the same place!

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
26-06-2012, 04:08 AM
(25-06-2012 08:06 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Does your friend really expect you to use that site as proof? I explored perhaps 10 of the "miracles" described in the quran and each was as laughable of a connection as the last. Bones being frail in old age? Wow captain obvious I'm sure no one could have observed that before the quran explained it.
He does, and I told the various reasons I don't agree with any of it. My entire reason for posting this was so people could see some of the "accepted arguments" some people are using for purposes of debate. There appears to be a lot of them. Don't make them any more credible. Just more to add to the arsenal.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
24-07-2012, 09:28 AM
Islam is just a mix of many religions.
The name "Allah" and the half moon are taken from Saudi Arabia and Allah was a moon god.
But actually this was a polytheistic religion with far over 300 Gods.
This is also why Mecca is one of the most imposrtant places for muslims. It's kinda the place where Allah comes from.
So name and half moon taken from a polytheistic religion, idea of a monotheistic religion plus a few stories are taken from judaism and the veil....as far as I remember the veil wasn't really copied from another religion but it was more a fashion somewhere.