queariin about flying

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2015, 08:10 PM
queariin about flying
I was wondering if I can put the big bottles of toiletries in my suitcase I'm going to check? Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2015, 08:28 PM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2015 08:31 PM by Anjele.)
RE: queariin about flying
I would search for the TSA site.

The rules have changed a lot since 9-11, particularly during the first several years. I used to check and then check again as rules changed frequently.

Most restrictions of toiletries are for carry-on baggage. Then it's three ounces only of shampoos and things like that. I think it's more liberal in checked baggage. Just be sure you pack liquids and gels in ziplocs so they don't get all over your stuff if they leak. Also, the clear bag makes a search easier if your bag is opened.

From the TSA site--

3-1-1 Liquids Rule
download / print
You are allowed to bring one small bag of liquids, aerosols, gels, creams and pastes through the checkpoint. These are limited to 3.4 ounces or less per container. Consolidating these containers in the small bag separate from your carry-on baggage enables TSA officers to screen them quickly.

3-1-1 for carry-ons. Liquids, gels, aerosols, creams and pastes must be 3.4 ounces (100ml) or less per container; must be in 1 quart-sized, clear, plastic, zip-top bag; 1 bag per passenger placed in screening bin. The bag limits the total liquid volume each traveler can bring.

Be prepared. Each time a TSA officer stops to physically screen a carry-on bag, it slows down the line. Practicing the 3-1-1 rule will facilitate the checkpoint experience.

Declare larger liquids. Medications, baby formula/food and breast milk are allowed in reasonable quantities exceeding three ounces, and they don’t have to be in the zip-top bag. Declare these items for inspection at the checkpoint. TSA officers may need to open them for additional screening.

If in doubt, put your liquids, gels, aerosols, creams and pastes in checked baggage.

Inbound international flights

You may now carry liquids more than 100 mL in your carry-on bag if:

You are traveling internationally into the United States with a connecting flight;
they are in transparent containers;
you bought them at a duty-free shop, and
the store packed them in a secure, tamper-evident bag.
If your liquids are not in a secure, tamper-evident bag, you must pack them in your checked bag.

If the liquids alarm during screening, we will need to screen them further.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
27-04-2015, 08:28 PM
(27-04-2015 08:10 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I was wondering if I can put the big bottles of toiletries in my suitcase I'm going to check? Thanks

Last time I flew you could...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-04-2015, 08:32 PM
http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/...quids-rule

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
27-04-2015, 08:34 PM
(27-04-2015 08:10 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I was wondering if I can put the big bottles of toiletries in my suitcase I'm going to check? Thanks

According to the TSA website, checked baggage should be fine. I wouldn't advise it though, because I've had shit explode. Dodgy

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

27-04-2015, 08:35 PM
(27-04-2015 08:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

According to the TSA website, checked baggage should be fine. I wouldn't advise it though, because I've had shit explode. Dodgy

Haha, I have had things leak. If you are going to stay at a hotel, call them and ask what they provide. Most provide just about everything.

27-04-2015, 08:39 PM
That's why I pack things like that in ziploc bags. Not much fun to find all your stuff coated with shampoo.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
27-04-2015, 08:39 PM
(27-04-2015 08:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(27-04-2015 08:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  According to the TSA website, checked baggage should be fine. I wouldn't advise it though, because I've had shit explode. Dodgy

Haha, I have had things leak. If you are going to stay at a hotel, call them and ask what they provide. Most provide just about everything.

I carry my little goo bag with me on the plane. My makeup is powder so I haven't issues with that. I always buy sun block and stuff either at the airport (at the destination) or if I know a store is nearby...

Hotels sometimes charge for extras, but yes they often have more than shampoo.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

27-04-2015, 08:48 PM
(27-04-2015 08:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(27-04-2015 08:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  Haha, I have had things leak. If you are going to stay at a hotel, call them and ask what they provide. Most provide just about everything.

I carry my little goo bag with me on the plane. My makeup is powder so I haven't issues with that. I always buy sun block and stuff either at the airport (at the destination) or if I know a store is nearby...

Hotels sometimes charge for extras, but yes they often have more than shampoo.

It depends a lot on the hotel. I have had them provide slippers and bathrobes and toothbrushes and toothpaste and hairbrushes and combs and Tampax and and... some of them have all this stuff sitting around in case someone asks and need to keep it rotating...

27-04-2015, 08:50 PM
Many years ago when people still dressed up to fly, my mother, sister, brother, and I were flying from Iowa to Norfolk, VA to go to the Outer Banks to visit my mother's family. I was about 11 at the time, sis was 5, brother was 2. We were all dressed up and mom had a diaper bag...the old kind that was like a box with a flip-top lid. It had necessities for traveling with a toddler and a perpetually motion sick 5 year old. It also held a bottle of my mom's perfume.

We had some flight delays and mom was trying to get us out of Chicago quicker. Sitting in an airport for hours didn't seem like a good plan. I watched the planes take off and land out the big windows and sister wandered back and forth between mom and me. Little brother sat on the floor behind mom while she was waiting on line. He was unpacking and packing the diaper bag. What we didn't realize was that he was also spritzing the back of mom's slacks with the perfume.

By the time mom was able to finagle an earlier flight she and brother smelled like the proverbial French Whorehouse. That added to the fact that people still smoked on planes...sister barfed her way halfway across the country.

Good times. Dodgy