question for the men- is this true?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2015, 08:57 AM
question for the men- is this true?
I came across this article in my facebook feed. I was just wondering if it was true.

Straight Men often have sex with other men

The jist of the story is that these men are not gay. They are straight. That its typical in situations where there are lots of men in one place....military, fraternity houses, sports teams.

In my 48 years, I have known quite a few military guys, frat guys, sports guys.....none have ever brought this up, but the article implies this is a common thing.

So, since this forum has many men on it, many of whom have been in these groups, tell me....is it common? Is it a dominance thing? I am not asking if you participated, just is this something common.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-09-2015, 09:05 AM
RE: question for the men- is this true?
Everything back to Kinsey says that complete exclusivity is actually pretty rare - but perception and self-identity is a different matter. Heterosexual identity is so culturally normative that a little cognitive dissonance goes a long way.
(the degree to which sexuality is situational is a distinct but closely-related topic)

For a great example of "just because I fuck dudes don't make me no faggot" attitudes, see contemporary Saudi Arabia.

... this is my signature!
[+] 7 users Like cjlr's post
24-09-2015, 09:09 AM
I'm not a man, but my brother always says that most of the guys he knows have had sexual experiences with men.
My brother has mostly had sex with men throughout his life and he believes that almost all men have bisexual tendencies and especially during their teenage years when their hormones are raging and girls aren't that receptive, they tend to experiment a lot.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 3 users Like undergroundp's post
24-09-2015, 09:13 AM
(24-09-2015 09:05 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Everything back to Kinsey says that complete exclusivity is actually pretty rare - but perception and self-identity is a different matter. Heterosexual identity is so culturally normative that a little cognitive dissonance goes a long way.
(the degree to which sexuality is situational is a distinct but closely-related topic)

For a great example of "just because I fuck dudes don't make me no faggot" attitudes, see contemporary Saudi Arabia.

I was gonna say, do we need to re-purpose the Dawkins Scale back to the Kinsey Scale which is really is from for this one.

I think it is an idea pushed by hate the sin but not the sinner though like those strict religious proselytizers who will have been caught having gay sex, they aren't gay, they just exclusively like having gay sex. They aren't sinners, it's just that sin that gets to them.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
24-09-2015, 09:23 AM
(24-09-2015 08:57 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I came across this article in my facebook feed. I was just wondering if it was true.

Straight Men often have sex with other men

The jist of the story is that these men are not gay. They are straight. That its typical in situations where there are lots of men in one place....military, fraternity houses, sports teams.

In my 48 years, I have known quite a few military guys, frat guys, sports guys.....none have ever brought this up, but the article implies this is a common thing.

So, since this forum has many men on it, many of whom have been in these groups, tell me....is it common? Is it a dominance thing? I am not asking if you participated, just is this something common.

If this is what she considers a homosexual contact
but for straight men homosexual contact is typically expressed as a form of vulgar and homophobic joking, hazing or initiation, or as drunken stunts
then yes, this is true.
So if I tell I dirty joke at my soccer game I am having sex with other man? Facepalm

Instead, I’m shedding light on the fact that straight men touch each other’s penises and anuses a lot,
Ahahahaha....No.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
24-09-2015, 09:27 AM
I believe it happens in prisons a lot.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
24-09-2015, 09:28 AM
(24-09-2015 09:09 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I'm not a man, but my brother always says that most of the guys he knows have had sexual experiences with men.

He doesn't count. He's Greek after all.

#sigh
[+] 9 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-09-2015, 09:34 AM
I think the same goes for straight women. I think a lot of straight women have played around with other women (especially in college where people are open to experimenting with new things). I kissed a few girls back in college--that's as far as it went in my situation--but i was Christian back then so who knows what would have happened if I was an atheist Wink I do consider myself to be straight and love men--but I do find some women to be very sexually attractive. I am not a one night stand type of a person and I don't do the fuck friend thing and am not into threesomes (I don't like to share Tongue ). I like to be in a relationship--so if anything was ever to happen with another female--it would have to be in that context. Mostly, I find myself drawn to men and their masculine energy. I do think sexuality is very fluid though.
[+] 5 users Like jennybee's post
24-09-2015, 09:41 AM
It's not common so far as I can tell, but I don't go around asking other guys about their sexual experiences, either.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
24-09-2015, 09:41 AM
I've never had sex with a guy and don't recall ever wanting to. I can't recall ever even thinking it. That's not any kind of judgment. Just my experience.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost