quick need a good like for the orgins of thr rebel flsg

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2015, 05:06 PM
quick need a good like for the orgins of thr rebel flsg
I'm looking for a good like that shows who made the bats and stars flag and why. Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2015, 08:13 AM
RE: quick need a good like for the orgins of thr rebel flsg
Wikipedia article on the Confederate flags.

The Atlantic had a pretty good article, as well.

Has interesting coverage of the Supremacist views of the designers.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
13-07-2015, 08:31 AM
(13-07-2015 08:13 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Wikipedia article on the Confederate flags.

Last week's New Yorker had a short piece on it, but I think you already know what they had to say if you read the links above.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
13-07-2015, 02:06 PM
(13-07-2015 08:13 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Wikipedia article on the Confederate flags.

Thank you very much. However I'm looking for a direct connection between the flag and its creators. That would be awesome. Thanks
13-07-2015, 09:19 PM
Purpledaisies - you clearly didn't read my links, as the Wikipedia article goes heavily into the creators of the 3 main "Confederate" flags, both who they were and what they stand for.

The Atlantic article has good quotes from them, as well.

Not sure what you're looking for, if not that.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
14-07-2015, 12:48 AM
(13-07-2015 09:19 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Purpledaisies - you clearly didn't read my links, as the Wikipedia article goes heavily into the creators of the 3 main "Confederate" flags, both who they were and what they stand for.

The Atlantic article has good quotes from them, as well.

Not sure what you're looking for, if not that.

I couldn't get that one to open. Kept telling me I timed out. But the other one did open
14-07-2015, 01:08 AM
I had already read the bottom one. I just now was able to read the top one. But I was hoping for something a little more simple. Its for my brother and he doesn't like reading
14-07-2015, 07:49 AM
Purpledaisies - With all due respect to your family, if your brother won't even read stuff that short and limited, you probably aren't going to be able to convince them of any historical facts that don't fit their preconceived ideas, especially those fed to them by friends and especially when that jingoist revisionism suits their agenda.

I would also point out that, when dealing with someone who's a bigot, even accidentally, the phrase "he doesn't like reading" is pretty much a given. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
16-07-2015, 08:47 PM
PD - Found! For non-readers. Never tried to link a Facebook video channel here before.

Hope it works! This will help your non-reader brother. I hope.

https://www.facebook.com/TheYoungTurks/v...493514205/

17-07-2015, 02:06 AM
(16-07-2015 08:47 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  PD - Found! For non-readers. Never tried to link a Facebook video channel here before.

Hope it works! This will help your non-reader brother. I hope.

https://www.facebook.com/TheYoungTurks/v...493514205/

Thank you do much. Its mainly for people that will read it on Hus fb. He has 5 kids and know one of them will read it or watch the video. If it helps others im all for pissing him off. Lol
[+] 1 user Likes purpledaisies's post