quick question about sin.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
29-06-2015, 04:23 AM
quick question about sin.
Ok so I was wondering something. From my understanding of the bible, it seems that if you believe in the resurrection of jesus you shouldn't you also believe that dying for sins includes everything in leviticus and the old testament? I know it's all bullshit anyway but I'm trying to understand the christian hate from some people.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2015, 04:29 AM
RE: quick question about sin.
Many christians believe jesus changed the old law or covenant (i.e. the OT). Therefore, they don't believe the OT applies to them anymore. They see the NT as a new covenant between God and man. However, jesus said he did not come to change one word of the old law. This passage seems to be often overlooked.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
29-06-2015, 04:46 AM
Matthew 5:17 (King James Bible)

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

So, no canceling anything. But who really cares about Bible? Believers pick what suits them and atheists...

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
29-06-2015, 04:53 AM
(29-06-2015 04:23 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  Ok so I was wondering something. From my understanding of the bible, it seems that if you believe in the resurrection of jesus you shouldn't you also believe that dying for sins includes everything in leviticus and the old testament? I know it's all bullshit anyway but I'm trying to understand the christian hate from some people.

in short sins are things that are bad for you. name one sin that isnt negative for you to engage in?

its true jesus died for every sin on every man in the present and future, the people of the past believed in the messiah and followed gods law through moses to get saved but only god could do that. (died for us) if he didnt do that he wouldnt be just or fair.
29-06-2015, 04:56 AM
(29-06-2015 04:29 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Many christians believe jesus changed the old law or covenant (i.e. the OT). Therefore, they don't believe the OT applies to them anymore. They see the NT as a new covenant between God and man. However, jesus said he did not come to change one word of the old law. This passage seems to be often overlooked.

basically jesus refined the old law so it could be applied in effect to relate it to his (jesus) time and in the future. circumcision is no longer needed to bring a covernant with you and god. you dont kill and sacrifice animals anymore jesus relaced that but everything else still applies. but jesus did alot more than just those 2 things. he released something i call 'potential'.
29-06-2015, 05:10 AM
(29-06-2015 04:56 AM)prycejosh Wrote:  
(29-06-2015 04:29 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Many christians believe jesus changed the old law or covenant (i.e. the OT). Therefore, they don't believe the OT applies to them anymore. They see the NT as a new covenant between God and man. However, jesus said he did not come to change one word of the old law. This passage seems to be often overlooked.

basically jesus refined the old law so it could be applied in effect to relate it to his (jesus) time and in the future. circumcision is no longer needed to bring a covernant with you and god. you dont kill and sacrifice animals anymore jesus relaced that but everything else still applies. but jesus did alot more than just those 2 things. he released something i call 'potential'.
Where does it say this in the bible? And what is this potential you speak of? Us it in the bible as well? I'm asking because the bible is THE word of god and if its not in the bible then how do you know these things?
[+] 1 user Likes purpledaisies's post
29-06-2015, 05:20 AM
(29-06-2015 04:53 AM)prycejosh Wrote:  
(29-06-2015 04:23 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  Ok so I was wondering something. From my understanding of the bible, it seems that if you believe in the resurrection of jesus you shouldn't you also believe that dying for sins includes everything in leviticus and the old testament? I know it's all bullshit anyway but I'm trying to understand the christian hate from some people.

name one sin that isnt negative for you to engage in?

Looking at a woman with lust, jeebus introduced thought crimes with that brain fart.

Atonement is a contrived kludge attached to an ancient, wrathful Hebrew deity.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 5 users Like TheInquisition's post
29-06-2015, 05:26 AM
Name a sin that isn't negative for you to be doing? I hope you don't eat certain types of seafood, work on the sabbath, eat ham, have a tattoo, cut your hair a certain way, wear clothes made of linen and wool and if you are female, I sure hope you don't wear pants or talk in church.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 5 users Like jennybee's post
29-06-2015, 05:43 AM
Here is my list of things that are good or simply not bad for you and society but that are sinful: using logic and reason to question authority and God, wanting a better life, a democratic way of governance, eating various types of food, working when it's necessary, tattoo, multiple type of tissues be firm yet gentle with children, not practicing blood sacrifice, judge people by their actions, respect women for their skills and abilities which are just as great (and pretty much the same) as those of men, reject slavery, reject racism, consideing rape as a crime with a victim, having concentual sex with any adult of my choice, read books, enjoy art. Is that enough?
[+] 4 users Like epronovost's post
29-06-2015, 05:51 AM
(29-06-2015 04:53 AM)prycejosh Wrote:  in short sins are things that are bad for you. name one sin that isnt negative for you to engage in?

Desiring a woman.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post