quick question about sin.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
29-06-2015, 06:02 AM
RE: quick question about sin.
You are right, jesus did stop animal sacrifice when he was sacrificed. But the rest of the law remains. And as far as circumcision goes--this is another sketchy area in the bible where people can spin it any way they want. Jesus and his disciples were circumcised. Also in genesis 17, God says that circumcision is an everlasting covenant that should be kept "between me and you and thy seed after thee. Every manchild among you shall be circumcised."

But you can also find passages that say you don't need to be circumcised. Kinda confusing of God, don't you think? You would think a being so set on people behaving a certain way and making covenants with him--would be a little clearer in the ways he wishes things to be done.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
29-06-2015, 06:16 AM
(29-06-2015 04:53 AM)prycejosh Wrote:  in short sins are things that are bad for you. name one sin that isnt negative for you to engage in?

Wearing a cotton-polyester blend.
Eating bacon.
I don't personally do it, but one can partake upon teh gays and come out of it with nought more than a tickled prostate.

How about more 'classical' sins?

I can have other gods before Yahweh. I mean, I don't believe in any of them, but theoretically I could do it.
Amaterasu > Ba'al > Hephaestus > Yahweh, for the record.

I can not honour my parents. I'm not even sure how one would 'honour' them to begin with... I can not keep the Sabbath and suffer no consequences. I could have idols. Or desire my neighbour's property, or lie about things.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
29-06-2015, 07:25 AM
You know I brought this question to the forum mostly because of the legalization of marriage for homosexuals and the outrage it has cause for most religious folks.

I think why most are outrage(and this is coming from reading their facebook comments) is that they think if they don't speak out against them their god is going to punish them because they "let it happen". What strikes me as odd that most people see them as getting punished for someone else's actions is just wrong and would shy away from the person that is trying to punish them for it. Instead they bow and just turn into something so hateful its scary. So I think all the hate is not with homosexuals themselves I think it's more of the fear of hell or whatever this deity might do.

Prime example is a comment I'm sure we've all seen a few times this past weekend. "The US is the new sodam and gomorah" or some variation. Now lets look back at that story. God is so mad at a few bad apples in the city for doing "sinful" acts that he say's fuck it level the whole thing. Never mind the few good people that could be there(I don't count lot in this seeing as the guy offered up his daughters to be raped) or the kids that were in that city no fuck EVERYONE. Now most of us would see that story and say what the hell is wrong with this god character but most the Christians that believe this think he was justified in doing so. Do you see the pattern here?
[+] 2 users Like MrKrispy601's post
29-06-2015, 08:56 AM
(29-06-2015 07:25 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  You know I brought this question to the forum mostly because of the legalization of marriage for homosexuals and the outrage it has cause for most religious folks.

I think why most are outrage(and this is coming from reading their facebook comments) is that they think if they don't speak out against them their god is going to punish them because they "let it happen". What strikes me as odd that most people see them as getting punished for someone else's actions is just wrong and would shy away from the person that is trying to punish them for it. Instead they bow and just turn into something so hateful its scary. So I think all the hate is not with homosexuals themselves I think it's more of the fear of hell or whatever this deity might do.

Prime example is a comment I'm sure we've all seen a few times this past weekend. "The US is the new sodam and gomorah" or some variation. Now lets look back at that story. God is so mad at a few bad apples in the city for doing "sinful" acts that he say's fuck it level the whole thing. Never mind the few good people that could be there(I don't count lot in this seeing as the guy offered up his daughters to be raped) or the kids that were in that city no fuck EVERYONE. Now most of us would see that story and say what the hell is wrong with this god character but most the Christians that believe this think he was justified in doing so. Do you see the pattern here?

The Supreme Court's decision is a major blow to their control of this nation. They are losing the battle and it terrifies them.
[+] 3 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
29-06-2015, 09:14 AM
(29-06-2015 08:56 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  The Supreme Court's decision is a major blow to their control of this nation. They are losing the battle and it terrifies them.

This.

I think they are also afraid of how many Christians supported the decision. Some of the most heated arguments I've seen are between Christians telling each other they aren't real Christians.

Xtian 1: "You celebrate sin! God will say 'depart from me I never knew you' and throw you in hell with teh gays."

Xtian 2: "Oh yeah!? Well you're not being loving, and God said not to judge people. So there!"

Me: Popcorn

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 5 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
29-06-2015, 09:22 AM
(29-06-2015 09:14 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(29-06-2015 08:56 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  The Supreme Court's decision is a major blow to their control of this nation. They are losing the battle and it terrifies them.

This.

I think they are also afraid of how many Christians supported the decision. Some of the most heated arguments I've seen are between Christians telling each other they aren't real Christians.

Xtian 1: "You celebrate sin! God will say 'depart from me I never knew you' and throw you in hell with teh gays."

Xtian 2: "Oh yeah!? Well you're not being loving, and God said not to judge people. So there!"

Me: Popcorn

*insert maniacal evil genius laugh*
29-06-2015, 10:33 AM
If they are believing in the true God of the Bible, they have every right to be scared. But they shouldn't just be worrying about who gets to marry who--God has lists of things he doesnt like and God don't take no shit.

And of course, it depends on which passages you choose to favor in the Bible and how you like to spin them. David in the Bible was one of God's favorites. David also had a male "friend" named Jonathan. "The soul of Jonathan was bound to the soul of David and Jonathan loved him as his own soul. Then Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as his own soul." 1 Samuel 18.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
29-06-2015, 01:47 PM
(29-06-2015 10:33 AM)jennybee Wrote:  If they are believing in the true God of the Bible, they have every right to be scared. But they shouldn't just be worrying about who gets to marry who--God has lists of things he doesnt like and God don't take no shit.

And of course, it depends on which passages you choose to favor in the Bible and how you like to spin them. David in the Bible was one of God's favorites. David also had a male "friend" named Jonathan. "The soul of Jonathan was bound to the soul of David and Jonathan loved him as his own soul. Then Jonathan made a covenant with David because he loved him as his own soul." 1 Samuel 18.

And what about Jesus and his band of merry men?

A group of unmarried, adult males hanging out together and "washing each others' feet..."

You do the math. Big Grin

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post