quick question about the dead sea scrolls

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2016, 07:32 PM
RE: quick question about the dead sea scrolls
We do not have full access to the DSC. The catholic church has hidden most away.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2016, 09:07 AM
(02-06-2016 05:56 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(02-06-2016 05:43 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  ***picks up mic and places theist hat on that looks eeriliy similar to a dunce/wizard cap***

The DSS contain the prophecies of the OT and these predict with incredible accuracy Jesus. Like being born of a woman, and a Jew....... and ..... ummmmm.... riding on donkeys....... and miracle worker...... And all scholars agree that these predictions came true. Scholars like McGrath, Craig, McDowell, Turek ..... etc. They have PhD's, are you saying you know more than they do? And look at the trees!!!

****slowly places mic down and, feeling really silly, takes theist hat back off****

All joking aside, my brother-in-law said exactly that to me last thanksgiving. So sad.

Always good for a laugh....like all ancient prophecies, you write them after the fact....or in the case of the NT, you write the stories to align with the messiah myth...."omg....jesus was foretold in the OT!"

You just don't see it because you don't feel the love of Jesus.........slowly caressing you in the loving way that only clergy truly understand.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
03-06-2016, 09:18 AM
(03-06-2016 09:07 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(02-06-2016 05:56 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Always good for a laugh....like all ancient prophecies, you write them after the fact....or in the case of the NT, you write the stories to align with the messiah myth...."omg....jesus was foretold in the OT!"

You just don't see it because you don't feel the love of Jesus.........slowly caressing you in the loving way that only clergy truly understand.

Bolding mine. I actually shuddered at that.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
03-06-2016, 12:01 PM
(02-06-2016 05:56 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Always good for a laugh....like all ancient prophecies, you write them after the fact....or in the case of the NT, you write the stories to align with the messiah myth...."omg....jesus was foretold in the OT!"

I know. I hate when people use biblical prophecies to prove the Bible is correct. I tell them that they have only accounted for one possible situation. They're totally ignoring post hoc changes/additions. I mean, if I were to tell them that I could tell the future, and then proceeded to tell them about the past, would they assume
  • I'm a wizard, or
  • I'm making shit up after the fact?
If it confirms their world view, it's wizardry, all the way down. If it doesn't, then it's just lies.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post