recommended xmas gifts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2012, 10:36 AM
recommended xmas gifts
I will post two things I recently bought and that are wonderful for me.

If everyone does that, we'll end up with a list of super gifts for just about any kind of person. since we are of such varied backgrounds and ages here.

So here go mine:

The mint robot for cleaning smooth floor surfaces (it sweeps and mops, does not vacuum. If you have carpeted floors, look for a vacuum robot).

I bought the most inexpensive version to see if this stuff is even useful yet (I am sure it is the future).

Love it, love it! Gets under and around everything, finds dirt I had no idea I had, leaves everything sparkling clean. Set it and forget it. It is not one of the more developed ones that come with electronic barriers and such, and it doesn't go home and dock to recharge (has no dock). It does return to where it started from and waits for you to plug it in.

It's not the cheapest brand, but the most inexpensive brand that does the job well. You can pay a lot more and get some that are a lot better. I like this also because it is quiet. Some of these are noisy.

http://store.irobot.com/family/index.jsp...ProductAge

My second favorite is the Breville expresso maker. I bought the Roma model, which didn't work. So they replaced it with an upgrade, the Venezia.

Starbucks, go pack up. This machine makes better coffee drinks of all descriptions. Exactly the way you like it, whenever you want it. In any container you choose (I hate the machines that force you to use the toy espresso cups). Comes with the milk pitcher, damper etc, nothing else is needed.

The frother rocks, better than any I have had (I am no novice to espresso machines). I can't think of any negatives at all.

http://www.brevilleusa.com/catalogsearch...rder=price

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2012, 10:59 AM
RE: recommended xmas gifts
Here's a gift idea... STOP TALKING ABOUT IT!

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Dom, the robot looks really good; if dust around the house bothered me, I'd definitely get me oneWink

From now on anytime Johnny goes on an anti-Xmas diatribe I'll post this, again and again:

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
02-12-2012, 11:21 AM
(02-12-2012 10:59 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Here's a gift idea... STOP TALKING ABOUT IT!

Stop reading xmas threads! Yes

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
02-12-2012, 11:27 AM
(02-12-2012 11:21 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(02-12-2012 10:59 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Here's a gift idea... STOP TALKING ABOUT IT!

Stop reading xmas threads! Yes
Nuh-uh! No

If you're gonna Kringle it, Imma gonna Grinch it. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
02-12-2012, 11:57 AM
(02-12-2012 11:27 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(02-12-2012 11:21 AM)Dom Wrote:  Stop reading xmas threads! Yes
Nuh-uh! No

If you're gonna Kringle it, Imma gonna Grinch it. Big Grin

Look, I want to see what other people like around here, men, women, teenagers, and different walks of life. It makes life easier to know. So quit spoiling the thread, you old curmudgeon! Beat_stick

02-12-2012, 12:58 PM
I'm seriously scratching my head over this one.

I want to contribute to the thread but other than books, I think the last thing I bought for myself was a Sony Walkman in 1984.

There really must be something more recent but I honestly can't think of anything.

Ah! Do suitcases count? I go through those maybe one per year.

02-12-2012, 01:04 PM
(02-12-2012 12:58 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I'm seriously scratching my head over this one.

I want to contribute to the thread but other than books, I think the last thing I bought for myself was a Sony Walkman in 1984.

There really must be something more recent but I honestly can't think of anything.

Ah! Do suitcases count? I go through those maybe one per year.

Books, suitcases, music, bongs, chocolate covered strawberries, socks, hair brushes, partridges in a pear tree - whatever hits your spot. That's exactly the point of the thread.

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
02-12-2012, 01:36 PM
I always like to receive sweets. Everything with chocolate is wonderful. It is probably a boring gift but I have never met a persont hat did not like chocolate.

What I prepare for christmas this year are cookies. Well not normal ones. I will make a whole variety of special cookies and treats, that will look great and everyone will hopefully like that. (christmas bark, cakepops that look like those things you hang on the tree, etc)

Another thing I have never done wrong with (when I was a teenager, so no clue if teenagers still give that kind of stuff as a present). I used to buy nice looking cups and filled them with different treats. Then wrapped it nicely.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
02-12-2012, 01:42 PM
(02-12-2012 01:36 PM)Leela Wrote:  I have never met a person that did not like chocolate.
Hello, Leela, I'm Vera. Nice to meet you. [Image: smiley_handshake.gif]
But treats, chocolate and sweets are always good gifts (also nice liquor). I, personally, quite like Raffaello

[Image: image-127149.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."