repeating words typed, is it a mental issue ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2013, 09:02 PM
RE: repeating words typed, is it a mental issue ?
(10-11-2013 08:59 PM)sporehux Wrote:  I also type hte instead of the sometimes, but one mental issue at a time Smile

Everything I type has to be "fixed". I'm a natural drunk typer. Some of it I don't even notice till much later.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-11-2013, 09:07 PM
Well, I'm marginally dyslexic so it cancels out some of this. Confused except the insanity part.

I think I'll just chalk up the rest to denial and call it good. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
10-11-2013, 09:12 PM
(10-11-2013 08:41 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Recently I have notice grammar checkers, marking repeated words for deletion.
I don't recall the "delete repeated word" option coming up more than once every six months before mid this year.

Now i'm seeing it fairly often, like like (that was intentional) three times a week.
Its disturbing because I have no conscious awareness of double typing words.

Tried to Google this issue, but am probably using incorrect search terms, can't find anything. I'm feeling a little insane. Confused

What's your age? Could be the early symptoms of schizophrenia. Another option is sleep deprivation/stress/vitamin deficiency. Are you having unconventional beliefs on the cusp of delusion? Are your hearing anything, even a blip, that turns out not to be there? If so, I'd tell your doctor about it definatley.
10-11-2013, 09:17 PM
(10-11-2013 09:12 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(10-11-2013 08:41 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Recently I have notice grammar checkers, marking repeated words for deletion.
I don't recall the "delete repeated word" option coming up more than once every six months before mid this year.

Now i'm seeing it fairly often, like like (that was intentional) three times a week.
Its disturbing because I have no conscious awareness of double typing words.

Tried to Google this issue, but am probably using incorrect search terms, can't find anything. I'm feeling a little insane. Confused

What's your age? Could be the early symptoms of schizophrenia. Another option is sleep deprivation/stress/vitamin deficiency. Are you having unconventional beliefs on the cusp of delusion? Are your hearing anything, even a blip, that turns out not to be there? If so, I'd tell your doctor about it definatley.

What if the answer is yes to all the above Smile

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
10-11-2013, 09:31 PM
(10-11-2013 09:17 PM)sporehux Wrote:  
(10-11-2013 09:12 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  What's your age? Could be the early symptoms of schizophrenia. Another option is sleep deprivation/stress/vitamin deficiency. Are you having unconventional beliefs on the cusp of delusion? Are your hearing anything, even a blip, that turns out not to be there? If so, I'd tell your doctor about it definatley.

What if the answer is yes to all the above Smile

I'd call a psychiatrist and make an appointment. If you said yes to any of those questions you made need vitamin supplements or anti-psychotics to treat your symptoms.

Shocking Sporehux... a maniac???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.............
10-11-2013, 10:02 PM
Double typing happens usually as a result of loosing my train of thought (some distraction) and having to regain it... Like an old analog tape I have to jog back a word or two to come up to speed.

... Or thinking while typing "I need to to to finish this sentence and then edit it."

I'd be more worried about mental illness when you start talking to aliens and emailing Jesus.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-11-2013, 10:09 PM
Its probably all the new words and phrases I've had to Google and wiki, due the excessive "Intellectual Masturbating" on this forum as someone here put it.
Deleting brain space to fit new stuff in.

I'm pretty sure as I am aware of my insanity I am therefore not insane. Smile
But seriously I looked up the schizophrenia symptoms and I'm none of that. Insomnia is probably the only "issue" I'm having at the moment.
Certainly no delusions or weird beliefs except that baseless claims are not true unless evidence is presented.

10-11-2013, 10:20 PM
I double type words all the time. I am also schizophrenic. I can,t honestly say for sure that it's a manifestation of the schiz or not, but I really don't see the harm in mentioning it to your doc.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
10-11-2013, 10:56 PM
I do it when i get disrupted,or when im thinking too much what to write

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
10-11-2013, 10:59 PM
(10-11-2013 10:56 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  I do it when i get disrupted,or when im thinking too much what to write

Welcome to the "alleged" schizophrenia club Drooling