reputation question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2017, 05:26 AM
RE: reputation question
(27-03-2017 08:30 PM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  Like I said it's not a big deal. I thought that on other forums if you gave a thumbs up or down you knew which post it came from.

You only have 24 posts and his negative rep was from yesterday, so finding which posts were made yesterday, or maybe the day before, would be a way to narrow it down.

Or just ask him.....

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
28-03-2017, 05:39 AM
(27-03-2017 07:58 PM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  So I get a nasty gram saying, "So much ignorance in a single post." Is there any way of finding out which post that came from?

This one qualifies. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
28-03-2017, 11:36 AM
Hmm... I barely tried to look and I'm betting it was this post , judging from the following volatile reactions,, time frame, etc.,.

Frankly, Jack Hammer, you might just let "reputation points" roll off your back for a considerable time - at least you get your feel of the place.

Maybe other members who reacted so extremely to your unfortunate post will be able to gain insight from this post ... which also fallowed.

Once again, "reputation points" can be a fickle thing. I've never been very good at it. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
29-03-2017, 08:03 AM
reputation question
(27-03-2017 07:58 PM)Jack Hammer Wrote:  So I get a nasty gram saying, "So much ignorance in a single post." Is there any way of finding out which post that came from?

You could try the linear or it might be the threaded format, and if they clicked reply to the post in question, then it would be branched from that , and should indicate the post in question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
29-03-2017, 09:11 PM
Some generally good advice, worry less about "reputation" and worry more about not sounding like an ignorant jackass.

Do this and the problem will likely take care of itself....

I mean you should have enough self awareness, and awareness of your surroundings to know when you're saying something that people won't appreciate. As long as it doesn't break the forum rules you're free to piss everyone off with ignorant statements (at least until a point), but if you want people to like you, maybe just educate yourself and pay attention. I think people here will call you out when they think you are wrong, they might even neg rep you, but if you listen, pay attention, learn, make sound arguments and reasoning, you might win those people back.... eventually.

If you really don't see what's wrong with some of the statements you've made, then I pity you.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin