scary thought

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2013, 01:48 PM
scary thought
If religion is man made, and all the rituals are man made, and nothing is commanded on high from the god they say exists, then circumcision is from man, and some a-hole decided to cut the penis of little boys, and what's more, people had to agree to it. It used to be central to the covenant that is holy to the juus, like the sign of the covenant. What does that say about the mind of the man who made it?

And then with the Juus it transplanted to gentile nations like modern America. Fn crazy. Circumcision is the first thing that really started increasing my hostility to religion. I agree with Judaism on one thing- eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. Vengeance can be good when properly channeled. Christianity tells you to suppress these drives.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2013, 02:01 PM
RE: scary thought
Steven Weinberg:

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
08-09-2013, 03:07 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2013 03:10 PM by PoolBoyG.)
Circumcision has real world benefits under certain conditions. It's tied with mythology either as a way to 1. ignorantly explain why people were doing it for so long. 2. how to make people do it without too much explanation. 3. tying the mythology and practice to make it inseparable, and so propagating the mythology.

If you're unable to bathe regularly or at all, certain areas of the body become extremely unhygienic and would be infected. And since the penis holds 1. psychological power. 2. political and economic power (how can you produce heirs, or take a womans virginity if it's disabled?) you're going to take extreme precaution.

Male circumcisions is different from female circumcisions.
1. In males, you cut off the foreskin. It's excess skin, a skin hood. In females, the clitoris is cut. In male terms, it's like cutting off the head of the penis.
2. In males, it's done for the males benefit. For his safety and health (and later, just for religious tradition). In females, it's to demean and to have ownership over her. She will never be able to feel sexual pleasure, and so won't seek someone other than the husband for seuxal pleasure, because she can't experience it.
08-09-2013, 07:41 PM
(08-09-2013 02:01 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Steven Weinberg:

Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

I dunno, I think there are exceptions to that. I don't think the Nazi's were influenced by religion to do the things they did. Governments can do the same as religions, in fact they share many of the same principles and devices to twist the minds of men.

08-09-2013, 07:48 PM
What about the first guy to drink cow's milk? They didn't use to have these big udders until we bred them for it, you know.

Personally, mutilating anyone's genitalia sucks. Bunch of perverts. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
08-09-2013, 08:14 PM
Mob mentality...one person says something and convinces someone else to agree and then on and on. It helps if that person claims to have the idea on good authority, divine authority gets extra points. After a while something like circumcision is so common that it's seen as the right thing to do.

I have many times heard the argument for continuing the practice to be so that the little boy will look like his father...the mob mentality and the idea that being different somehow is bad just keeps on going.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
08-09-2013, 08:25 PM
(08-09-2013 07:48 PM)Dom Wrote:  What about the first guy to drink cow's milk? They didn't use to have these big udders until we bred them for it, you know.

That's a fairly logical step, though; it's not like that was the first time humans drank any milk!

... this is my signature!