science makes case for god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2015, 07:37 PM
RE: science makes case for god
(03-01-2015 05:24 PM)Ocean theRAPIST Wrote:  He thought the underground water reservoir was proof for the flood. I shot that down pretty quick.

Noah never knew what hit him
[Image: scaryflow.jpg]

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2015, 09:06 PM
A really omnipotent god could make life work whether the conditions for life were finely tuned or not. ID is an argument against the gods.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
04-01-2015, 09:11 AM
(03-01-2015 03:11 PM)Ocean theRAPIST Wrote:  So here is the first of 3 replies:

BS. Now you're putting words in Krauss' mouth coz you got caught. You went out and found a physicist that supposedly denounced this article scientifically...and then when you found out that all he did was denounce the WRITER of the article you tried to cover, as he did, with BS and flotsam.

Krauss scientifically disproved NOTHING in the article, all he did was answer with his OPINION which many other scientists, as I mentioned, slapped down. That's not science.

You chose Klauss, so defend him on the merits of what he argued, his supposed scientific rebuttal of the article.

Krauss didn't refute the facts of the article, as he pretended to, he simply didn't like who was making the point so he did character assassination on the author while pretending he was answering his points, which he wasn't.

Hmm... one might ask him why he feels the need to substantiate his faith within science. Has he no faith in his faith?

Ironic that he mentions "character assassination" ... pointing it out might be futile ... some people see only what they look for. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
04-01-2015, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2015 11:39 AM by OceanTherapist.)
(04-01-2015 09:11 AM)kim Wrote:  Hmm... one might ask him why he feels the need to substantiate his faith within science. Has he no faith in his faith?

He only has faith that science proves creation. He also doesn't believe people have godly experiences since the time of Jesus. If someone does have some experience, it's actually Satan and his demons, not god. He also believe dragons were real creatures and not mythical.
04-01-2015, 11:41 AM
(04-01-2015 09:11 AM)kim Wrote:  Ironic that he mentions "character assassination" ... pointing it out might be futile ... some people see only what they look for. Shy

In one of his emails he said exactly that of me. That the only reason I don't believe is because I don't want to. It's kinda like those Xtians that "say open your heart to Jesus and he will reveal himself to you". If you want to believe something, you will find things agree with your beliefs and cognitive dissonance with push everything else away.
04-01-2015, 12:51 PM
Yea well, it seems Grandpa is a lunatic ... I wouldn't leave him alone with the children. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
04-01-2015, 07:24 PM
(04-01-2015 12:51 PM)kim Wrote:  Yea well, it seems Grandpa is a lunatic ... I wouldn't leave him alone with the children. Drinking Beverage

He and his wife watch my son when my wife and I work. If I didn't live in such an expensive city my wife wouldn't work and there would be no problem.
04-01-2015, 08:22 PM
(03-01-2015 09:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  A really omnipotent god could make life work whether the conditions for life were finely tuned or not. ID is an argument against the gods.

Damn BB, excellent point.

You could even say an omnipotent god can create life to exist anywhere in the universe regardless of, well, anything. In outer space, on the surface of a star, on planets without oxygen, lint based instead of carbon based, on planets with temperatures fluctuating 100’s or 1000’s of degrees...anywhere this being chooses to create it since it isn’t bound by any natural laws (being supernatural and all).

The more I think about what you just said the more I like it. There is no reason an omnipotent god would need to create such a finely tuned planet/solar system/galaxy/etc. for a species as delicate as us if we were “designed” from the get go. Our limitations as a living organism are so piss-poor that it would be an embarrassment to any self-respecting intelligent designer. It would make much more sense if we were able to withstand extremes like a Tardigrade.

If the universe was designed so we could thrive on this backwater planet then as George said: “If its true that our species is alone in the universe, then I’d have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." - George Carlin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post