scientist says he found proof of god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2016, 06:46 PM
RE: scientist says he found proof of god
Quote:I can't find any credible source mentioning Kaku's statement that we are "in a world made by rules created by an intelligence".

Yeah...just like you can't find any credible source that says that Darwin recanted on his deathbed. Just shit made up by xtian asswipes.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2016, 07:37 PM
Not sure why he wants to inject a god into nature.

"Hey I've discovered something fascinating about the nature of a natural phenomena. I think I'll add in something about a magical Buffalo."

He's either getting paid to put a god in there or he himself wants to name nature (god).

Either way, he's become either
Morally or rationally impaired.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
08-06-2016, 07:40 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2016 07:51 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(07-06-2016 06:51 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  http://ageac.org/en/multimedia/scientist...-exists-2/

My aunt posted this and I know her all too well she believes this. I don't know enough of this kind of science to understand this, anyone wanna help please.

I think he's talking about the GUT (Grand Unification Theory) in Physics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Unified_Theory
Order arises spontaneously in this universe. There is no evidence it was designed.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
08-06-2016, 11:24 PM
(08-06-2016 07:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 06:51 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  http://ageac.org/en/multimedia/scientist...-exists-2/

My aunt posted this and I know her all too well she believes this. I don't know enough of this kind of science to understand this, anyone wanna help please.

I think he's talking about the GUT (Grand Unification Theory) in Physics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Unified_Theory
Order arises spontaneously in this universe. There is no evidence it was designed.
Thank you, I plan on reading these links after my camper is remodeled. We plan on living in it while traveling.
09-06-2016, 01:12 AM
No, he's a demi-Deist like Einstein was, though like Einstein he would probably reject that label, too. They see the order of the universe as a sort of god, itself, as though all of it is an overarching intelligence. Einstein called it "the structure of the universe". It's one of my favorite quotations of all time:

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."

Unbounded - a mathematical term for a range of infinity to negative infinity. I think "unbounded admiration" is the highest praise any physicist/mathematician could give to an idea. I can envision his view of god, in that sense, and I find it a fine position for an agnostic to hold. I just don't happen to think it holds any necessity or validity.

I've read absolutely nothing in the speculation of physicists that, contrary to the assertions of so many people, gives me the slightest reason to think that all this did not happen naturally, just like everything else. The woo is unnecessary, but I don't claim that I know enough about every possible thing to say that I have it right, and I accept their view as honestly held, based on good information and intuition about that information, thus I have nothing bad to say about it.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
09-06-2016, 03:30 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2016 03:34 AM by Mathilda.)
  • Which god?
  • Any decent scientist has a clear definition of what they are looking for so they know whether or not they have found it. There is no clear definition of what a god is.
  • Computational or mathematical modelling only tells us whether a hypothesis is logically consistent or suggest what we should be looking for. It must always be followed up with real world observations. There is no way of making real world observations of a god.
  • The whole concept is not scientific because it is not falsifiable. There is no way of determining that the universe wasn't created by a god.
  • Even if you ignore all the above, a god would still be entirely irrelevant because we understand to a greater or lesser degree how the universe has self organised since soon after the big bang. No god required.
09-06-2016, 03:33 AM
(08-06-2016 07:37 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Not sure why he wants to inject a god into nature.

Because the urge of all mathematicians is to condense the chaos of reality down into the simplest, most ordered equation possible.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
09-06-2016, 04:10 AM
(09-06-2016 03:33 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(08-06-2016 07:37 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Not sure why he wants to inject a god into nature.

Because the urge of all mathematicians is to condense the chaos of reality down into the simplest, most ordered equation possible.

Then when they do, someone will call it the 'god equation'; and we'll all have to resist the urge to perform collective seppuku.

[Image: uCsIuzz.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
09-06-2016, 06:53 AM

Knowing that there is something beyond human understanding doesn't mean that the world was created in 7 days and then God destroyed it by a flood a couple of thousand years later. There is a very wide gap between the two. I have a brother that is a preacher, and he is unable to see that, "Even a famous physicist says that there may be a being more intelligent than us, so you better not work on Saturday or God will get you!" A very wide gap ideed.
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
09-06-2016, 08:32 AM
No matter what someone discovers about the universe, you can always throw a god in there.

Universe is too chaotic. Must be the work of the god of chaos. Couldn't be this chaotic without some intelligence at work.
Universe is too ordered. Couldn't naturally be this ordered without some intelligence at work.
Universe looks like it's pure math. We must be in the matrix.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post