scientology?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2013, 09:22 AM
RE: scientology?
(17-02-2013 09:12 AM)Adam B. Wrote:  
(17-02-2013 06:50 AM)Adam B. Wrote:  I'm wondering what every ones opinions on scientology are. It seems a little out there and a tad unrealistic to me, not sure I can take all of that in . ya know

does any one know who we have in political office that is an open atheist

U.S. Representative Pete Stark (D) California
U.S. Representative Kyrsten Sinema (D) Arizona

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2013, 09:36 AM
What are the state by state and international demographics for scientology?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
17-02-2013, 10:26 AM
Scientology is no more crazier then any other religion. We are just desensitized to all the other religions from up bringing in societies that hold the other religions to a greater standard.

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
[+] 1 user Likes StorMFront's post
17-02-2013, 10:29 AM
(17-02-2013 10:26 AM)StorMFront Wrote:  Scientology is no more crazier then any other religion. We are just desensitized to all the other religions from up bringing in societies that hold the other religions to a greater standard.

I disagree. Some religions are crazier than others, e.g. Scientology, Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Christian Science.

Many of these take pre-existing crazy and add more crazy to it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
17-02-2013, 10:51 AM
Yep, fringe crazy shit just reinforces everything about the mainstream crazy shit. It actually becomes mainstream crazy shit's raison d'ĂȘtre.... it's confirmation.

Show fringe crazy shit for what it is and you chip away mainstream crazy shit's ability to be accepted by ...the mainstream ... everyone.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
17-02-2013, 11:26 AM
I read somewhere if a member behaves contrary to the church they blackmail them. Really? They have to scare their own members into staying with the "church". I'm sorry that doesn't sound like a church -- it does sound like a cult!

Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time.
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines. Breathe; Pink Floyd

17-02-2013, 11:30 AM
Believe in me or burn in hell forever.

I guess everyone's idea of warm and fuzzy is subjective. Shy

[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
17-02-2013, 10:16 PM
[Image: xenu.png]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
17-02-2013, 10:33 PM
When I was living in Vegas there was a church of Scientology pretty close to where I was. I thought about going one day out of curiosity, but I can't remember why I decided not to. I probably got distracted by a lizard on the road or something. Now I kind of wish I'd gone just to satisfy my curiosity.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
17-02-2013, 11:06 PM
(17-02-2013 09:22 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-02-2013 09:12 AM)Adam B. Wrote:  does any one know who we have in political office that is an open atheist

U.S. Representative Pete Stark (D) California
U.S. Representative Kyrsten Sinema (D) Arizona
Pete Stark lost his 2012 election by a hair due to redistricting, and has been out of office for over a month.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail