...seriously considering ending it?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2011, 04:34 PM
RE: ...seriously considering ending it?
I tried those first too comebacks. She simply tells me to stop being a smart ass.

Fight the system,

~~~but don't mute the opposition!~~~
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2011, 04:34 PM
My father treats me the same way, has for the last 20 years. What I get for failing school and being excluded from work by a bad permanent record I suppose.

Anyway, the most effective thing I ever said was "My failure as a son is your failure as a father."
Maybe that would help a little? I know it got my parents off my back for a couple of weeks where my self esteem went up enough to arrange a job interview (didn't get the job but meh xD)

I'm not sure exactly where you live, but if it's in America I would have to assume that nobody will listen to you until you're 18-21, so might just be a case of surviving until then.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
16-03-2011, 04:36 PM
Once she made fun of me for being a virgin...

Fight the system,

16-03-2011, 05:06 PM

The thing you're forgetting, however, is how temporary this all is.

You die now, you've just cut off who knows how many years off your timeline. With medicine evolving the way it is, by the time you're ninety, there could be methods of keeping yourself alive way past a hundred. Point being, you're ending potentially 100 years of life because of four more years.

Four years. It's all you need. Four more years of this and you'll be off to college, free from their grasp. If they don't pay for your college, you can get in with financial aid, scholarships, loans or you can just go to cheaper schools. Even if you don't go to college, you can just leave.

The important thing now, however, is that you grow. The next four years may seem like hell, but they're just one of those many dips life is known for taking. The great thing about dips, however, is that they tend to rise.

You are in control of your life. You want to end it? That's your choice, it's your life to end. However, by doing so, you are missing out on years and years and years of potential happiness, love, emotion and success. If life is kicking your ass now, then train yourself for the next four years and kick it's ass right back when it's time.

I've been where you are, my man. My middle school and high school career have been riddled with thoughts of suicide and angst. But now it's my senior year and life is picking up for me and I'm so so glad i stuck it out.

Take my advice and do the same. Things will improve.
Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2011, 05:11 PM
...four years? Im 16. In michigan you can move out when you are 17. I have 1 more year of this.

Anyway, I do take notice of what has been said. I think I just needed to get my thoughts out there and have some input.

Fight the system,

16-03-2011, 05:11 PM
There are many reasons to consider suicide. Overbearing or bastard family members is not one of them. How I talked myself out of it back when I was struggling was to consider what random things might happen in the many years of your life. 5 years from now you might meet your soul mate, be making 100 grand a year, have a child you love and care for more than your mother ever could, and be looking back at this time and going "what the fuck was I thinking? I almost gave up all of this."

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
16-03-2011, 07:06 PM
(16-03-2011 05:11 PM)latvianxave8 Wrote:  ...four years? Im 16. In michigan you can move out when you are 17. I have 1 more year of this.

Anyway, I do take notice of what has been said. I think I just needed to get my thoughts out there and have some input.
Patience then. It's one year. In fact, if it's a doable goal, do it all the way friend. Save your money. Start talking to friends who could be potential roommates. If you are determined to move out at that point, don't just wish for it. Make it happen.

Weigh your options though. A 17 year old out of a parent's house will lead a hard life. You will have to think about school, and you will need a job to support yourself. I know the situation sucks, but coping is the best thing you can do. Everybody before me has said it: IT GETS BETTER. 15 was one of the roughest years of my life. I didn't get along with parents, had few friends and was hated at school. I just looked inward, man. For me it was about not letting those who were getting me down win. If you give it time, you can have a better time. You can't change your mom. But you can change yourself. Don't give up, and consider talking to someone.

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
16-03-2011, 08:26 PM

Oh my bad. I think I mixed you up with another member who's 14, apologies. But exactly, even better! Just one more year.
Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2011, 12:48 AM
Lots of good posts here. My turn.

I had been low enough not to want to live anymore a few times in my life. Now I am happy and living with a lady I love very much. I am glad that I searched for help when I need it the most. I am glad I rode out the storms and I am much wiser than I would have been if I had lived an easy life. The hard times can bring wisdom if you pay attention. They also provide a contrast so in the future you will appreciate the good times a lot more.

When I am down I think about those who have it a lot worse than I do. Imagine being in the worst hit part of Japan. Imagine being a tail gunner in a bomber in World War Two. Imagine living in Iran, Iraq or Texas. These thoughts will give you some contrast. For me it makes me realize that I am not in a worst case senario. I wish I had learned to do this when I was your age. I would have had an easier transition through my teenage years.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
17-03-2011, 12:55 AM
This reminds me of the It Gets Better campaign. It will get better, you won't always live with your mom (presumably), so you won't continue to feel bad due to your mom. You can wait it out, provided you can't actually do anything, and once you leave home your life starts anew, so to speak.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire