...seriously considering ending it?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2011, 01:06 AM
RE: ...seriously considering ending it?
I should mention that after I moved away from home my mother kept treating me like a little kid. One day I got fed up and I refused to see her, talk to her on the phone, read any mail from her for one and a half years. This is how I had forced to treat me as an adult. If she would have not changed I would have done it again. It made a huge improvement in our relationship.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2011, 01:26 AM
Start planning your future. It will be alot easier when you know something about what's going to happen to you and where you're gonna go when you finally leave your mom's shelter, plus: you'll have something concrete to wait for. Always think of the future. You only have one life, and taking it before even tasting life wouldn't be a good decision.
Quote:Once she made fun of me for being a virgin...
And I thought christians omewhat adore virginity. If I remember right, a Penn and Teller's Bullsh!t episode said that in some parts of the US, sexual abstinence is given as sex education! :F

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
17-03-2011, 05:36 AM

I may have skimmed past it but has anyone suggested printing out this thread and letting her read it?
Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2011, 05:48 AM
It is incredible how hard can our parents be. For years I have only one goal in my life, to get away from my family home into something without any family inside. Luckily I did it, and it changed everything. I mean my mother still treats me like a child, but I simply ignore her when she is acting like that. It took me years of convincing her that she is doing it all wrong and that she is making things worse for our whole family. After that you have to endure the treatment where you are a ruthless bastard who has no respect for her, but eventually, if don't back down she will start to understand some things you are saying. The main thing is to always keep a cool head and when you are explaining thing, you have to be very polite and full of understanding, but stick to your story. And that is that your life is YOUR life and that you are nobodies slave. It takes a lot of patience and talking. Or you can just take your things and leave her without a word, then come back in a year or so, and then have a nice long talk about all the past problems.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson