sexual assault awareness

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2014, 08:24 PM
RE: sexual assault awareness
(19-09-2014 01:31 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(19-09-2014 01:26 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Christina Hoff Sommers, among others, has addressed this multiple times.

You mean your super-unbiased lady. Please link a study or at least some references to published research - WitchSabrina has supplied a link with references.

Yeah Dawg
: )

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
20-09-2014, 11:07 AM
(19-09-2014 02:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(19-09-2014 01:24 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  http://www.slc.edu/offices-services/secu...stics.html

How about 1 in 4 instead of 1 n 5?

Thanks so much for posting this Witchy!

Heart

Bump... so topic gets attention over the weekend.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
23-09-2014, 08:05 AM
Unfortunately the college environment is high risk for women to be sexually assaulted. I suspect there are lots of "soft assaults" that do not get reported. I know "soft assaults" is not a good term, but could not come up with a better way to lump, unwilling drunken sex, coerced sex, etc in to one pile.

In college I had a lot of female friends that I was their "safe guy". I got lots of calls for walks home, rides home and escape from parties by them. My favorite was being invited on girls night so they could have an emergency boy friend when guys would hit on them at the bar.
[+] 2 users Like wazzel's post
23-09-2014, 08:42 AM
(19-09-2014 01:24 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  http://www.slc.edu/offices-services/secu...stics.html

How about 1 in 4 instead of 1 n 5?

This number still seems rather low. I've read studies that claim about half of women will be the victim of abuse during their lifetime (can't figure out the history on my phones browser, but I'll try and find the link). Generally there is a sort of culture of permissiveness. Most counselors and police will give the impression that if he doesn't physically hurt you then you just have to deal with it.