shimmyjimmy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2014, 07:28 AM
RE: shimmyjimmy
(11-03-2014 07:19 AM)shimmyjimmy Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 07:16 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Indeed, and I think that it should be noted that simply because a cause is needed to manipulate energy/material, we can't assume it works the same way with energy/material CREATION.

There is this wonderful little theory, I think you might like it.

I'm not sure if you heard of it, but I think the title will attract you enough to read it.

Bang!

Now, in case that didn't help you, let me answer it in a more clearer way.

I don't know where it all came from, but you shouldn't assume a god did it.

I assume something caused the big bang. That is all. Otherwise, it just happened from nothing.

So let me get this straight: for the big bang to have occurred, it must have had a cause, that which you refer to as 'god', and without this element it had to have come from nothing which seems to defy logic, am I right?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
(11-03-2014 07:22 AM)shimmyjimmy Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 07:21 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Facepalm

You know what they say when you assume?

Huh

He's hinting at a saying you might not be familiar with.

"You know what happens when you assume? you make an ass out of u and me"

(ass + u + me = assume)
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
(11-03-2014 07:19 AM)shimmyjimmy Wrote:  I assume something caused the big bang. That is all. Otherwise, it just happened from nothing.
@shimmyjimmy it seems like you're in an awful need for closure on this matter.

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
11-03-2014, 07:29 AM
(11-03-2014 07:27 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 07:19 AM)shimmyjimmy Wrote:  I assume something caused the big bang. That is all. Otherwise, it just happened from nothing.

Meaningless nonsense.
Spacetime BEGAN at the singularity. Speaking of "causation" *before* spacetime is like talking about what is "South" of the South Pole.
Seriously, have you actually been living under a rock your entire life ? Where did the principle of Causality come from ?

Well, it must have a cause, Bucky. I mean, it couldn't have just come from nothing Laughat.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
11-03-2014, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2014 09:12 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(11-03-2014 07:29 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 07:27 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Meaningless nonsense.
Spacetime BEGAN at the singularity. Speaking of "causation" *before* spacetime is like talking about what is "South" of the South Pole.
Seriously, have you actually been living under a rock your entire life ? Where did the principle of Causality come from ?

Well, it must have a cause, Bucky. I mean, it couldn't have just come from nothing Laughat.

Thank you Dr. Craig. Dodgy
She "outed" herself back when she said "convenient".
The universe has been proven to be "non-intuitive" at the most fundamental level of reality (Relativity http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_relativity
/Uncertainty http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncertainty_principle
http://journals.aps.org/pr/abstract/10.1...ev.37.1380
Whether people are annoyed by that is irrelevant. It's a fact.

Even *if* you grant the meaningless baloney of "causality", there is no reason (in Kalam), that the cause HAS to be the *ultimate* cause. Kalam asserts *proximate* (or nearest) cause. In their deluded little world, there is no reason (ie it's perfectly consistent) that the *cause* could not be a set of universe-making robots (which an omnipotent god could have created) which make universes in a robot game of "who can make the universe in which evolved beings believe the most crap". The robot that gets the most of it's creatures to believe in non-existent gods wins the robot game.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
11-03-2014, 09:31 AM
shimmyjimmy
(11-03-2014 02:54 AM)shimmyjimmy Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 02:45 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  There's no reason to think you are an attention whore because of this thread. It's clear you didn't start it.

It also helps to understand what you believe since you are engaging in debate about beliefs. So you shouldn't be surprised that people seek clarity on your position. Unfortunately it seems like you are unwilling to share those beliefs. Why such vague answers? Do you think playing games and dodging questions will gain you converts?

I am not looking to convert anybody. I am simply here to learn and converse.

IRRELEVANT!

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
11-03-2014, 09:55 AM
(11-03-2014 06:39 AM)Miss Meng Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 06:37 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Because there's no evidence to support your claim that "something" "had" to have created all the energy in the universe.
Even if "something" did it brings up the question "what created that".

The simple truth is that we don't know where everything came from.
That's your answer "we don't know".

You're trying to force a puzzle piece into another puzzle piece when it clearly just doesn't fit. Accept that the puzzle piece that does fit is lost, for now but also potentially forever. Just stop trying to force the wrong puzzle piece into the puzzle.

Miss Meng smiles warmly. So silly of me dear, but are you suggesting the universe wasn't in fact created by our loving and beautiful creator? Miss Meng laughs a little, but then understands that some people are a little confused.

~ Miss Meng

Ah! I've discovered Miss Meng's true identity. She's Delores Umbridge!
Sickly sweetness trying to cover a totally evil bitch. Big Grin

[Image: 432x361xc12--professor-umbridge.jpg.page...YMAQDM.jpg]

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
11-03-2014, 10:10 AM
(11-03-2014 09:55 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 06:39 AM)Miss Meng Wrote:  Miss Meng smiles warmly. So silly of me dear, but are you suggesting the universe wasn't in fact created by our loving and beautiful creator? Miss Meng laughs a little, but then understands that some people are a little confused.

~ Miss Meng

Ah! I've discovered Miss Meng's true identity. She's Delores Umbridge!
Sickly sweetness trying to cover a totally evil bitch. Big Grin

[Image: 432x361xc12--professor-umbridge.jpg.page...YMAQDM.jpg]

Quite not unlike SlimyJimmy.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
11-03-2014, 12:37 PM

Like I said earlier: what caused God?

If "I don't know" is an acceptable answer, why isn't it an acceptable answer for "what caused the big bang"? Notice how the latter approach has the same amount of unanswered questions and is making one fewer assumption.
11-03-2014, 12:39 PM
(11-03-2014 12:37 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  

Like I said earlier: what caused God?

If "I don't know" is an acceptable answer, why isn't it an acceptable answer for "what caused the big bang"? Notice how the latter approach has the same amount of unanswered questions and is making one fewer assumption.

Miss Meng sees Robby has been thinking too hard about this, and giggles. God has always existed and is eternal.

Happy to help!

~ Miss Meng