shimmyjimmy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2014, 12:58 PM
RE: shimmyjimmy
(11-03-2014 12:39 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 12:37 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Like I said earlier: what caused God?

If "I don't know" is an acceptable answer, why isn't it an acceptable answer for "what caused the big bang"? Notice how the latter approach has the same amount of unanswered questions and is making one fewer assumption.

Miss Meng sees Robby has been thinking too hard about this, and giggles. God has always existed and is eternal.

Happy to help!

~ Miss Meng

Remove God and insert universe.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like WillHopp's post
11-03-2014, 01:31 PM
(11-03-2014 03:12 AM)donotwant Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 03:11 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  You want to get a private room, send a PM. Drinking Beverage

After I'm done she's all yours.

For that you use The Boxing Ring. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
11-03-2014, 01:32 PM
Alright, alright, alright....

Hi SJ.

(TLDR alert!!!)

You are aware that red flags went up and that I and others have been suspicious due to certain.... factors. Unfortunately for you, a lot of it is because actual theist trolls do start with a similar manner as a first step and then unload all sorts of mischief not long after. I know this isn't your fault, it just is what it is.

I do respect you for sticking with this thread and answering the questions here to the best of your ability, whether all of us agree with those answers or not. From what I can tell, you are an agnostic deist who currently leans toward ID of some sort.

As you know, I don't know what I believe. I think I'm agnostic deist as well (for the moment anyway), though my own little intellectual jury is out on that one too. What I'm doing is just joining in discussions and reading through past threads on the board in the meantime.
There's a whoooole lot of info in discussions they've had in the past. I'm learning a lot about how they think and why, and I'm learning some rather *gulp* difficult things about beliefs and people I've thought highly of in the past.

I would recommend looking through their past discussions and debates that catch your interest. They're very informative, and doing so will also allow you to have prrrrobably at least a small majority of your questions answered (about what they think) so as to avoid sending red flags up all over the place by opening up so many threads of a certain nature in such a short period of time.

I can say that the people here are largely very friendly. There are some regular theist posters here as well who the rest include as one of their own. Even one of the admins here is a deist, from what I believe. Now granted, theistic beliefs will be giggled at and such and challenged on a regular basis, but if you stick around and don't be a troll, you might just find a home here. I say don't be troll, again only because of all the other trolls I've seen in my short stay here so far and how your presentation unfortunately mirrored some of them in their "first stages" as it were.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Charis's post
11-03-2014, 01:38 PM
(11-03-2014 12:39 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 12:37 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Like I said earlier: what caused God?

If "I don't know" is an acceptable answer, why isn't it an acceptable answer for "what caused the big bang"? Notice how the latter approach has the same amount of unanswered questions and is making one fewer assumption.

Miss Meng sees Robby has been thinking too hard about this, and giggles. God has always existed and is eternal.

Happy to help!

~ Miss Meng

"Forgotten were the elementary rules of logic, that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and that what can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."
-Christopher Hitchens

Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
11-03-2014, 04:23 PM
(11-03-2014 12:58 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 12:39 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  Miss Meng sees Robby has been thinking too hard about this, and giggles. God has always existed and is eternal.

Happy to help!

~ Miss Meng

Remove God and insert universe.

You aren't correct, WillHopp. All things have a cause. The universe began to exist, therefor it had a cause, aka God. Please do not let the religious dogma of atheists distort your mind on this issue.

God bless you WillHopp! Take care!

~ Miss Meng
11-03-2014, 04:24 PM
(11-03-2014 04:23 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 12:58 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Remove God and insert universe.

You aren't correct, WillHopp. All things have a cause. The universe began to exist, therefor it had a cause, aka God. Please do not let the religious dogma of atheists distort your mind on this issue.

~ Miss Meng

What caused god?
11-03-2014, 04:25 PM
(11-03-2014 04:24 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  
(11-03-2014 04:23 PM)Miss Meng Wrote:  You aren't correct, WillHopp. All things have a cause. The universe began to exist, therefor it had a cause, aka God. Please do not let the religious dogma of atheists distort your mind on this issue.

~ Miss Meng

What caused god?

Please see post #121 for that answer.

~ Miss Meng
11-03-2014, 04:26 PM
God is eternal always existed bla bla bla BLA
For 10 million times more.