shit shit shit.... you friggin kidding me?? shit shit shit....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2016, 01:54 PM
RE: shit shit shit.... you friggin kidding me?? shit shit shit....
I really wouldn't worry too much.....

Spotted fawns this time of year tend to be at about the point where they're weaned...... They maintain spots for a bit after they're off the teat......

Most likely - if you leave 'em alone - they'll manage just fine......

The little buggers are remarkably tough...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2016, 01:57 PM
(19-09-2016 10:39 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(19-09-2016 10:00 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Bet the vultures don't see it that way.........................

I'm on their list of places to check now, that's the second deer in a couple of months.

The spotted kids are still cowered under the same tree as yesterday. I hate this. If that asshole comes on my property to poach, the vultures will have another feast. Angry

I'm in SW Michigan -- and the vultures are starting to flock up... I expect them to be gone by the middle of next week --- they'll head south and we won't see them again till around the end of May....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
19-09-2016, 02:02 PM
Whenever something dies here I get about 30 of them. The rest of the time, there appears to be a daily or so fly-over by one bird, looking around. I have always meant to look up what their communication system is - they are quiet, but the scout has to be able to tell the rest to come for a feast...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-09-2016, 03:14 PM
(19-09-2016 02:02 PM)Dom Wrote:  Whenever something dies here I get about 30 of them. The rest of the time, there appears to be a daily or so fly-over by one bird, looking around. I have always meant to look up what their communication system is - they are quiet, but the scout has to be able to tell the rest to come for a feast...
It's the same phenomena that allows all teenagers to all dress like morons - at the same time............

Nature's amazing, eh??

Yes

19-09-2016, 03:29 PM
(19-09-2016 03:14 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(19-09-2016 02:02 PM)Dom Wrote:  Whenever something dies here I get about 30 of them. The rest of the time, there appears to be a daily or so fly-over by one bird, looking around. I have always meant to look up what their communication system is - they are quiet, but the scout has to be able to tell the rest to come for a feast...
It's the same phenomena that allows all teenagers to all dress like morons - at the same time............

Nature's amazing, eh??

Yes

I just tried to find out about their communication - apparently they grunt. But they do not have a syrinx (sort of vocal cord in birds). Interestingly, scientists consider them as intelligent as domestic dogs.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-09-2016, 03:37 PM
(19-09-2016 03:29 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(19-09-2016 03:14 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It's the same phenomena that allows all teenagers to all dress like morons - at the same time............

Nature's amazing, eh??

Yes

I just tried to find out about their communication - apparently they grunt. But they do not have a syrinx (sort of vocal cord in birds). Interestingly, scientists consider them as intelligent as domestic dogs.

They're a blast to watch flying...... One of their roosts is up the road a bit from us.... it's at a local heavy machine dealer --- they have a "boneyard" where they part out heavy machinery......

If you go there early in the morning all summer --- it's kinda creepy ---with all the vultures perched on top of defunct heavy equipment -- stretching out their wings ..... drying off for a morning's flight.........

My dad had to release one from a leg trap years back --- he said it was over an 8 foot wingspan --- and he doubted it weighed more than 3 or 4 lbs.... Unbelievably light.....

19-09-2016, 03:47 PM
(19-09-2016 03:37 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(19-09-2016 03:29 PM)Dom Wrote:  I just tried to find out about their communication - apparently they grunt. But they do not have a syrinx (sort of vocal cord in birds). Interestingly, scientists consider them as intelligent as domestic dogs.

They're a blast to watch flying...... One of their roosts is up the road a bit from us.... it's at a local heavy machine dealer --- they have a "boneyard" where they part out heavy machinery......

If you go there early in the morning all summer --- it's kinda creepy ---with all the vultures perched on top of defunct heavy equipment -- stretching out their wings ..... drying off for a morning's flight.........

My dad had to release one from a leg trap years back --- he said it was over an 8 foot wingspan --- and he doubted it weighed more than 3 or 4 lbs.... Unbelievably light.....

I guess they look kinda spooky. They are really very polite birds though, they always step aside to let you pass or do whatever you are going to do - and move back to where they were immediately as you turn to leave. They just quietly watch you - which is probably what makes them come across as spooky.

I figured they were light - they have a hard time getting up in the air, but once soaring, they are amazing. I would love to be able to fly like that...

19-09-2016, 03:58 PM
(19-09-2016 03:29 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(19-09-2016 03:14 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It's the same phenomena that allows all teenagers to all dress like morons - at the same time............

Nature's amazing, eh??

Yes

For a minute there I thought you were talking about teenagers... and I was ready to defend domestic dogs against such slander.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
19-09-2016, 04:01 PM
(19-09-2016 03:58 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(19-09-2016 03:29 PM)Dom Wrote:  I just tried to find out about their communication - apparently they grunt. But they do not have a syrinx (sort of vocal cord in birds). Interestingly, scientists consider them as intelligent as domestic dogs.

For a minute there I thought you were talking about teenagers... and I was ready to defend domestic dogs against such slander.

Thumbsup Big Grin