should I give up on my multiverse dream or should I keep going

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2014, 10:10 PM
should I give up on my multiverse dream or should I keep going
I know that everybody I know, knows I want to be a writer and this is true but there is something I've always wanted more than just being a writer and that is to write something on the start of the scale of ther marvel universe. well scaled down. the problems though I think even scaled down that part of my dream is impossible. I would love to write multiple stories in one universe at a time that would coinsiide with each other and be one continuous universe but there aren't fifteen of me. the only other two ways I can see to do it is fanfiction = but then it's not my original work and hiring several other people but then It wouldn't be my universe alone. so should I just stick with what I got or s there another way. I mean the other dream to is to take universes that have never been combined with anything and have them combined. what do you think/ any suggestions.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2014, 10:20 PM
RE: should I give up on my multiverse dream or should I keep going
Start with short stories, not everything has to be expansive to create one expansive world.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
14-10-2014, 10:31 PM
that is my goal nontheless... well the reason I want all my storiers witih in one universe is because I like the idea that character from story a can travel over a smack character from story d in the head if he wanted to. this most my books are in universe I really don't want my stories to be ass big as marvel but I want them to be their own micro-cosim. but I wiil think about writing some short stories fr the heck of it.

14-10-2014, 10:45 PM
btw it's not the expansiveness of the world that I want. I like to think that everything coming out of my head is part of the same cohesive universe. heck as a kid I wouldn't wall my chasracters to one story. thery would just seemlessily reboot into the next without trouble. I like to think the characters and worlds are a part if the cohesiveness of me.

14-10-2014, 11:45 PM
(14-10-2014 10:45 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  btw it's not the expansiveness of the world that I want. I like to think that everything coming out of my head is part of the same cohesive universe. heck as a kid I wouldn't wall my chasracters to one story. thery would just seemlessily reboot into the next without trouble. I like to think the characters and worlds are a part if the cohesiveness of me.

I was doing the same thing with characters I had in stories in years past. In some ways they were connected across a world; other instances involved me fleshing out a single character in different scenarios/worlds to grow and understand that character.

There's always the common trope of a single location that could stand as a hub for these characters/worlds to connect to in some manner. Like some pub or commerce town that allows one to open up the possible interconnections. It at least works well as a entrance to the connections you can create more sensible means for afterwards.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
15-10-2014, 03:45 PM
thank you

15-10-2014, 07:04 PM
(14-10-2014 10:10 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I would love to write multiple stories in one universe at a time that would coinsiide with each other and be one continuous universe but there aren't fifteen of me.

I think you've got your theme. Write your story from 15 different multiverse perspectives of you.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
15-10-2014, 07:05 PM
(14-10-2014 10:10 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I know that everybody I know, knows I want to be a writer and this is true but there is something I've always wanted more than just being a writer and that is to write something on the start of the scale of ther marvel universe. well scaled down. the problems though I think even scaled down that part of my dream is impossible. I would love to write multiple stories in one universe at a time that would coinsiide with each other and be one continuous universe but there aren't fifteen of me. the only other two ways I can see to do it is fanfiction = but then it's not my original work and hiring several other people but then It wouldn't be my universe alone. so should I just stick with what I got or s there another way. I mean the other dream to is to take universes that have never been combined with anything and have them combined. what do you think/ any suggestions.

Give up. Humanity will be going extinct very soon. There's no point.

Truth seeker.
15-10-2014, 07:22 PM
(15-10-2014 07:05 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 10:10 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I know that everybody I know, knows I want to be a writer and this is true but there is something I've always wanted more than just being a writer and that is to write something on the start of the scale of ther marvel universe. well scaled down. the problems though I think even scaled down that part of my dream is impossible. I would love to write multiple stories in one universe at a time that would coinsiide with each other and be one continuous universe but there aren't fifteen of me. the only other two ways I can see to do it is fanfiction = but then it's not my original work and hiring several other people but then It wouldn't be my universe alone. so should I just stick with what I got or s there another way. I mean the other dream to is to take universes that have never been combined with anything and have them combined. what do you think/ any suggestions.

Give up. Humanity will be going extinct very soon. There's no point.

Have you seen a professional ?
You're depressive and they could help you.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
15-10-2014, 07:23 PM
(15-10-2014 07:22 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(15-10-2014 07:05 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Give up. Humanity will be going extinct very soon. There's no point.

Have you seen a professional ?
You're depressive and they could help you.

Yes, and they all just tell me to "get over it". Sorry, I can't "get over" reality.

Truth seeker.