should I give up on my multiverse dream or should I keep going

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2014, 07:36 PM
RE: should I give up on my multiverse dream or should I keep going
(15-10-2014 07:23 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(15-10-2014 07:22 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Have you seen a professional ?
You're depressive and they could help you.

Yes, and they all just tell me to "get over it". Sorry, I can't "get over" reality.

I wish you would "get under" a fast moving bus. Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2014, 08:08 PM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2014 08:19 PM by GirlyMan.)
(15-10-2014 07:23 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Yes, and they all just tell me to "get over it". Sorry, I can't "get over" reality.

You're having serious struggles just grasping it.

(15-10-2014 07:05 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Give up. Humanity will be going extinct very soon. There's no point.

You can run with this idea too Drive. Only one of those multiverses matter. This one. Whichever one that is. I think you could go somewhere interesting with your ideas.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-10-2014, 09:28 PM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2014 09:32 PM by Shadow Fox.)
The problem is that your assertion in your mind that you need a whole complete universe all at once.

Every story, every universe starts from a single story and evolves from that point after many MANY and sometimes almost uncountable other stories from other locations.

It will start out with a single story that will exist in a single city. You start from this one singularity and flush it out so well that that city itself seems like a universe all on its own.

Just look at Gotham city. How extremely diverse its history is from the Arkham story lines alone. There are hundreds of characters with their own history, childhood, emotions and feelings alone. Gotham is just as diverse as almost any real life city and it is due to decades of writing that has given this to us. That is just a single city, on a single country, on a single pale blue dot in a small dot of the universe that follows the stories of compared to so many others, just a few insignificant specs called people that gives the whole light of the universe life and fullness.

There are countless other characters, lives, stories, childhoods, and so many others to be told.

The DC and Marvel universe are FAR overshadowed by the tales and stories and characters that could, have not, and have been told by the Warhammer and Warhammer 40k universe. There is like 30 Horus Hersey books and the whole tale of the HH will most likely never be finished as there is still new books coming out for it.

SEXTILLIONS or more of humans, Countless Tyranids, Orks, Necrons, There are Dozens of Captains and Thousands of Space marines in each chapter and chapter masters and their primarchs and Dark and normal eldar and the Tau and traitors on all sides and pirates from every species. Each one could have the potential of a book of their very own.

Why you should not be overwhelmed with your task?

Because, you don't need to build a universe, a plethora of characters, Nor do you need to write anything complex or long.

Even the most literal reading of the Christian bible does not say God created an entire universe all at the same time, Even that imaginary being had a starting point, and to the Christians that believe in the science. There was a singularity from which it all began.

You just need to find your Singularity.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
16-10-2014, 07:01 AM
Keep in mind that the Marvel universe was not created by a single person. Also keep in mind that J.R.R. Tolkien started imagining his universe in his early 20s and kept on writing, revising and correcting everything until his death at 81.

What does that mean?
1 - You shouldn't put too much pressure on yourself trying to achieve something similar to what hundreds of people have achieved jointly.
2 - If you do want to create something like that and you feel that there's no time, know that in order to create something great you may have to sacrifice a lot of time of your life for it.

Don't be discouraged. Even if you don't get there, the process will help you evolve as a writer.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post